Champagne & Strawberries

Shone216

On our recent trip on Harmony we received a lovely surprise of a bottle of champagne and some strawberries dipped in chocolate. The problem is we don't know who it was from..... it was definately our names and stateroom number on the card..... we asked guest relations and the said the only information on the system stated .... RC HD which means nothing to us. We've quizzed all friends and relatives but nobody responsible. Could this have been RC? But if so don't know why ...... anyone have any suggestions

Did anything at all happen, like in the dining room, or anywhere else, that staff may have felt you were going to file a complaint? On a RCL cruise almost 2 years ago, I was served a glass of chardonaay at dinner that had a bug in it. I pointed it out to our waiter, and was quickly given a fresh glass, and never charged for any. The next day, a platter of chocolate covered strawberries was delivered to our room, with just a card thanking us for sailing with them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When we sailed on Harmony last month, we received the same. It was from my Royal Vacation Planner - the person at RCI who handles all of my cruise bookings, excursions and other details. They don't offer OBC like other travel agents, but they always send a nice gift. Usually champagne and strawberries, because that's my favorite!

If you don't have an RCI vacation planner, were you staying in a suite? We were in a Grand Suite and heard that some other suite passengers received a special gift from RCI.

Hope you enjoyed your mystery gift.

We have received wine and strawberries from our CVP at RCCL as a thank you for our continued business. Matter of fact I booked another cruise with her today and we were discussing how long I have been loyal and booking with her. We booked our first cruise with her in 2008.

Over the years I/we have received bottle of wine from captain, flower arrangement from Hotel Director, gift from Guest Services, and many other to numerous to mention. Try finding Thank You cards on Caribbean Islands. I plan to take some with me of future cruises.

From your post I would agree it was a gift from Royal Caribbean Hotel Director.