Towel Animals

Do you think it would get the cabin attendant in trouble if we told him\her we didn't need the towel animals? We appreciate the artistry but having cruised many times, I would like to give him\her a break. Different story when the grandkids come, they love them!

S/he would not get in trouble, but we told ours that once and it totally threw her! I mean, she was really flustered! They obviously have a routine which includes time to make the towel animals. Anyway, she confessed to us that it confuzzled her and she left us one more after that and no more. After that we decided not to mess with a cabin attendant's head again. ;):D

Do you think it would get the cabin attendant in trouble if we told him\her we didn't need the towel animals? We appreciate the artistry but having cruised many times, I would like to give him\her a break. Different story when the grandkids come, they love them!

I found the best thing to do is make your own and leave them for the attendant.Really messes with their heads.:D

I found the best thing to do is make your own and leave them for the attendant.Really messes with their heads.:D

I agree :)

I have a photo of our contribution but cannot upload !! sorry -please can someone let me know how to do a simple photo without it looking like a thumbnail

Edited by Sand$!
attachment

Every time we have told the attendant that they could skip the towel animals, they take it as a challange to create more unique animals. So it accomplishes the exact opposite what we intended, which was to reduce their workload. We don't mention it anymore.

On our Anthem cruise this summer, we only got 2 or 3 over a 9 day cruise, which was fine with us, but we did kind of miss seeing them. My wife's sister, in the room next door, got a different one almost every night. We guessed it was because we told the steward it was her first cruise, but we never actually asked about it.

We usually take a pass and tell our attendant we know how hard they work.

Remember when they used to fold your clothing into animal shapes and did not use towels? :)

Yes.

In the 90's they used to make Sallie's night gown (etc.) into the animals. Evidently they got too many complaints about messing with the intimate clothing.

Every time we have told the attendant that they could skip the towel animals, they take it as a challange to create more unique animals. So it accomplishes the exact opposite what we intended, which was to reduce their workload. We don't mention it anymore.

Agree. We don't mention them either, except to thank them when they so "appear".

After seeing numerous ones on multiple cruises...this one's our favorite just this past April on Adventure of the Seas - tremendous imagination and obvious effort to be creative:

041416_Return_to_Cabin_2_Surprise_Towel_Animal.jpg

Agree. We don't mention them either, except to thank them when they so "appear".

After seeing numerous ones on multiple cruises...this one's our favorite just this past April on Adventure of the Seas - tremendous imagination and obvious effort to be creative:

041416_Return_to_Cabin_2_Surprise_Towel_Animal.jpg

Totally awesome! My 10 year old son loves them and looks forward to them after dinner.

Sand$ I use Photo Bucket to store my Photos, once uploaded, and photo Selected, use the BB forum/IMG Code, Right Click & copy that Code, return to CC and open up a Reply Screen , set your curser where you wish the Photo, Right click & Paste. There is no need to use the Yellow Postcard Icon at the top of the reply screen.

We didn't have any the 7 nights we were on LOS (1st cruise with RCCL). We just thought that was another thing they did away with. That was the first time we never received them on a cruise and it was a bummer. No Cruise Compass left in our room either. We found those at Guest Services each morning. :confused:

I tell the attendant not to bother. Save the time and laundry of endless towels.