Can I change a booked cruise to a diffrent one if needed?

I am paying for everyone & I don't think it's fair in either case...be it 2 or 20. I'm the consumer and I should have the right to change my cruise up until the final payment period. Don't penalize me because I try to save a little on a $8000 cruise.

What???? Don't penalize you because you wanted to save a little? [emoji23] Wow. Ok, you literally agreed to have a penalty in order to save a little. Now you're mad that there's a penalty. Guess you would have saved a little if you had booked a refundable fare instead. I guess your excitement over the cheaper price blinded you to the restrictions you were signing up for, and it bit you in the ass. I would never book a non refundable fare if I had a choice not to. I don't care how much cheaper it was. If I couldn't afford the refundable rate, I just wouldn't go.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Uh no....if he/she is in a suite they didn't choose to book non refundable. There is no choice it is non refundable or don't book at all .

The choice is, don't book the suite. I love when people say "I only book Suites so I don't have a choice." Yeah, you do, book a different room. Problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The terminology being used does present a bit of a problem . I booked a "non refundable" fare for a suite. I did so over the phone with a RccL agent. I was told that if we cancelled we would lose $100 each and the rest would be a credit good for a year. That was it, that was all. Only when we wanted to change our ship was I told that we couldn't change ships either. Is it my fault for not going to the website and pulling up the terms and conditions before booking, yes I should have. I actually did after we were told we couldn't change ships because I couldn't believe what the rep was telling me and how inane it was that RCCL was willing to lose a $10000+ booking over $200 and it was definitely there. So yes I should have read the entire contract as im sure everyone does.:rolleyes:

What those of you who do not understand regarding the op's issue is that there are not many companies in the travel industry(non cruise) that do not allow changes to booked reservations.

Even many of the packaged tour companies that wont allow refunds will allow date changes without charge(and they are usually the toughest). A non experienced cruiser would not expect that.

It's not just RCCL, when it comes to cruising, you are not changing a booking, you are cancelling and rebooking. If there is a penalty for cancelling, you pay.