Brooklyn terminal early arrival

Todd320

We will be on the Princess Regal departing Oct. 27th. We like to get to the pier early.

Do you wait outside until security opens at the Brooklyn terminal? Do they setup two lines, with one for preferred passengers like they do in Ft. Lauderdale?

This is our first cruise out of New York.

Thank you

I've only boarded for Cunard in Brooklyn, but based on the layout of the terminal I'd say there's one queue to get your carryons x-rayed and walk through the metal detectors to enter the major part of the terminal. Then you're given the health questionnaire to complete before joining one of two lines (one for regular passengers and the other for suites and VIP level frequent guests) for the check-in desks. After checking in you're given a numbered boarding card and there's a large waiting area with chairs to sit while you wait for your number. There's a smaller separate area for suites/VIPs.

There are limited snacks and drinks in the terminal (I don't remember any but someone else mentioned a desk near the building entrance where you can buy coffee or soda).