Allure Just Booked....Really Need Help

martyap

We have been away from cruising for a number of years so we really need some advice. We booked this a little later than past cruises and this is really our first experience on a mega ship (we actually had two cancel the Eurodam)

1. RCCL only had late dining....they wait listed us to early....would not wait list us to my time dining at this time. Any suggestions on getting my time dining?

2. When are the formal nights? Guessing you might or might not want to book a specialty restaurant on formal nights.

3. Looks like we can reserve a specialty restaurant online now. Do we pay for this in advance or does it just get added to our final bill? Is the three restaurant package a goods deal? What restaurants are included?

4. We have always been happy with the main dining venues. Not sure we really need more than 1-2 specialty restaurants. Any thoughts.

5. Are shows booked online or once you board?

Any advice would really be appreciate. We know many of you have sailed the Oasis class ships multiple times so we value your help!

Karen

Edited by martyap

You can check once you board and see if you can switch to My Time Dining or you can keep calling and checking if your cruise is far in the future

If you pre book specialty dining now you will pay now. If you book it on board it gets added to your on board account

You can book shows in advance- I forgot if it is 60 or 90 days in advance.. Someone should come along with that info. If you don't book them in advance you can book on board or go standby. They let folks in that don't have reservations around 10-15 minutes before showtime. The only one I would make sure to book ahead it it interests you is the comedy show as that is a very small venue and you might not get in if you don't have reservations.

Everyone's opinions on specialty restaurants differ. Sometimes we do one or two and sometimes we don't do any.

Edited by molly361

... 2. When are the formal nights? Guessing you might or might not want to book a specialty restaurant on formal nights....

Formal nights will be night 2 and either night 5 or 6, depending on itinerary.

All your questions have been asked & answered over & over.

Go to the "search this forum" tab on this site.

Type in "Allure".

You will be able to find all your answers and more.

Also read the member reviews on the ship.

It takes a little work, but it is worth it.

Just got off the Allure last Sunday it was a great cruise and you will have a great time. We had my time dining for the first time on this cruise and will never do that again. It just seemed like going to a cattle feeding to me.

As far as the shows, yes book them online as soon as you can. Those on standby were let in a few minutes before the show started and it was a mad rush looking for seats and if you more than 2 in your party you won't be sitting next to each other. Every show was awesome, don't miss one of them. I'm not big into broadway shows but Mama Mia was really good and even thou its 2 1/2 hours long, it dosent seem like it at all. The ice show how to train a dragon was a great show and very different than any ice show you have ever seen. The comedy show was the best I have seen on a ship but like someone else said its in a small club and very limited seating.

The formal nights were day 2 and I think day 5. I'd say it was a 50/50 split on those really dressed for it and those not. Also note that dining in the main dining room is about a 2 hour deal so keep that in mind when you make your reservations for shows and meals. We told our waiter we had a show to get to and it was still close to 1 1/2 hrs that night.

Have a great trip.

We have been away from cruising for a number of years so we really need some advice. We booked this a little later than past cruises and this is really our first experience on a mega ship (we actually had two cancel the Eurodam)

1. RCCL only had late dining....they wait listed us to early....would not wait list us to my time dining at this time. Any suggestions on getting my time dining?

2. When are the formal nights? Guessing you might or might not want to book a specialty restaurant on formal nights.

3. Looks like we can reserve a specialty restaurant online now. Do we pay for this in advance or does it just get added to our final bill? Is the three restaurant package a goods deal? What restaurants are included?

4. We have always been happy with the main dining venues. Not sure we really need more than 1-2 specialty restaurants. Any thoughts.

Any advice would really be appreciate. We know many of you have sailed the Oasis class ships multiple times so we value your help!

Karen

Yes, book your shows online asap. And keep in mind that the shows are scheduled around traditional dining, whether it be early or late. And a larger table will take longer than a smaller table. One of my pet peeves actually.

Have a great cruise!

I have sailed on Allure and Oasis and enjoyed both. Please see my answers below ...

My advice would be to enquire about My time dinning once on board the ship. A number of people will be requesting adjustments and in my experience they will try and accommodate if they can.

Depends on itinerary but typically tend to be on sea days.

In my experience plenty of opportunity to book once on board and you may be able to take advantage of special offers. I prefer not to book in advance. I liked Giovanis and the Mexican place Sabor.

There is a lot of choice of venues. I would also give the Windjammer a chance. My advice would be to not make too many plans until you are on board and had a chance to explore and check out options.

This you should plan and book in advance whenever you can to ensure that you don't miss the most popular slots. Shows are complementary so you don't lose by booking early.

A number of shows on the Oasis were cancelled and rescheduled during our cruise so be prepared for some chopping and changing. Perhaps another reason for not planning ahead more than you need to.

Karen