Birthday "gifts" from Carnival

LMaxwell

Just back from cruise over my birthday. It was noted in my cruise planner for the day I wanted it celebrated. Waiters in MDR sang to me (on the wrong night). No free gifts or coupons but I did hear on the last day that others had received gifts.

Now this is not good business practice. Be consistent or cancel the program entirely.

I have had many, many birthdays on the Carnival ships, as my birthday is usually during the Spring Break timeframe. Every single time, I've gotten a birthday card from Carnival (the one with the joke about the dolphins singing).

That is all.

CeleBrat

We've been on many cruises with different cruise lines and often on my birthday. I don't recall ever getting even a card from the ship's staff. I've received cards via email from the company, but not on the ship.

In January, I'll be celebrating a milestone birthday. It will be interesting to see if a gift arrives. A $50 spa credit is something I would definitely use!

do you have to be platinum to get birthday perks.....we are sailing during my birthday month but are 14 days from platinum?

no, you don't have to be platinum, I;m not and..... In 2016 I received a free photo, a bottle of wine ($15 and under) and a $50 off spa card. The only thing with the spa card is....it is only off certain services (not off any service), they have a list they will show you if you go to the spa desk and ask (i didn't use this one). In 2017...I received the $50 off spa service and that was it. I received a small cake in the MDR. These gifts were in a card signed by the room steward. We are on a cruise during my birthday.

Just back from cruise over my birthday. It was noted in my cruise planner for the day I wanted it celebrated. Waiters in MDR sang to me (on the wrong night). No free gifts or coupons but I did hear on the last day that others had received gifts.

Now this is not good business practice. Be consistent or cancel the program entirely.

both years that I received a card and certificates were signed by our room steward...not from Carnival or the Cruise Director.

We've been on many cruises with different cruise lines and often on my birthday. I don't recall ever getting even a card from the ship's staff. I've received cards via email from the company, but not on the ship.

In January, I'll be celebrating a milestone birthday. It will be interesting to see if a gift arrives. A $50 spa credit is something I would definitely use!

The spa certificate is only off certain services....not off any service. They will show you the list of services you can use it on, if you go to the spa and let them know you have a certificate.