No more Dyanamic Dining on Anthem?

jessed

When we booked through a travel agent, our group of 10 requested traditional dining for our 4-29-17 sailing. We didn't know about DD and that is what the TA assigned us. Now I see RCI got rid of it. So do we contact our TA to change it now to traditional?

I wouldn't think you need to do anything. Dynamic dining is ending in November and the traditional system will be in place. You will be assigned to a certain dining room and you will just go to that one at your assigned time every night. There is a lot of threads on the change, you might want to look for them if you have other questions. Enjoy your cruise.

Still shows Dynamic Dining.

We're still a month a away from the first sailing without DD - it might take some time to get to your sailing. Just keep checking the planner. Also, subscribe to the Roll Call thread for your sailing - someone is bound to announce the change there.

We are on the 12/9/16 sailing which is affected. There are two options: Dynamic Dining Classic and Dynamic Dining Choice. Classic is similar to traditional dining - one early seating, one later. Choice is similar to My Time Dining where you book your times each day (or not). If you have Classic, make sure your bookings are linked so you will be assigned to the same table. If you have Choice and cannot get it changed to Classic, it is easy to book the reservations together if you know the booking numbers.

Hope this helps.

We are on the 12/9/16 sailing which is affected. There are two options: Dynamic Dining Classic and Dynamic Dining Choice. Classic is similar to traditional dining - one early seating, one later. Choice is similar to My Time Dining where you book your times each day (or not). If you have Classic, make sure your bookings are linked so you will be assigned to the same table. If you have Choice and cannot get it changed to Classic, it is easy to book the reservations together if you know the booking numbers.

Hope this helps.

I thought Dynamic Dining ends Nov. 26th on the Anthem. Is that correct?

Ok now I'm intrigued, we don't sail till next September but mine says dynamic dinning classic. What's the difference?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Forums mobile app

DD Classic is the same as the MDR scheme, except that under DD concept diners and waiters rotate through the 4 complementary restaurants. Choice is akin to MTD. When DD is gone, my understanding from some posters is 2 restaurants will be assigned as MDR and the other 2 to MTD.

DD Classic is the same as the MDR scheme, except that under DD concept diners and waiters rotate through the 4 complementary restaurants. Choice is akin to MTD. When DD is gone, my understanding from some posters is 2 restaurants will be assigned as MDR and the other 2 to MTD.

Ok thanks for the explanation, a bit confusing but I think I get it. I'm a go with the flow kinda guy so in my mind it's "whatever". That's why I enjoy every cruise I go on, my motto is "whatever, I'm on a huge beautiful ship with my family, how bad could it be".

Ok thanks for the explanation, a bit confusing but I think I get it. I'm a go with the flow kinda guy so in my mind it's "whatever". That's why I enjoy every cruise I go on, my motto is "whatever, I'm on a huge beautiful ship with my family, how bad could it be".

I'm the same way, but I truly enjoyed & will miss the DD version on both Quantum & Anthem (classic). Unfortunately few loudmouths caused the cessation of this dining concept.

I'm the same way, but I truly enjoyed & will miss the DD version on both Quantum & Anthem (classic). Unfortunately few loudmouths caused the cessation of this dining concept.

We enjoyed Dynamic Dining and gave it a good review.

I really don't believe that they are doing away with DD because of people's complaints or at least not 100%. It must take more staffing and more money to provide this type of dining and I believe that's why they are doing away with it.

It's a shame a billion dollar corporation would bow to a bunch of loudmouths. We did NCL for the first time last month and really enjoyed freestyle cruising. Overall RCI is a better product I think, but freestyle is very, very cool. No one cares about the clothes you wear and just do whatever, whenever.

We enjoyed Dynamic Dining and gave it a good review.

I really don't believe that they are doing away with DD because of people's complaints or at least not 100%. It must take more staffing and more money to provide this type of dining and I believe that's why they are doing away with it.

Believe me it started from day 1 for the Quantum, because pax were complaining that they wanted same dining companions and waiters. Also, pax did not want to bother with individual restaurant reservations. RCL came back with the Classic version which accomplished this. Another big complaint was the lack of a Promenade, even though there is a smaller version. If interested you should do a look up and see the vitriol heaped on these ships.

Right now it says Dynamic Dining Choice.

Which means you really have MTD but that the planner has not been updated. You should make reservations for a few nights and then once you get a feel for how things go on the ship, you can book the rest of the nights.

Believe me it started from day 1 for the Quantum, because pax were complaining that they wanted same dining companions and waiters. Also, pax did not want to bother with individual restaurant reservations. RCL came back with the Classic version which accomplished this. Another big complaint was the lack of a Promenade, even though there is a smaller version. If interested you should do a look up and see the vitriol heaped on these ships.

The reviews on this board when Quantum first came out were so bad I thought the ship didn't float! ;) I mean not having a true promenade was like RCI committed a crime against humanity when they have something similar in the Esplanade. I mean really it doesn't look that much different than the Promenade. It looks like a fancier version that's all. The hate towards these ships were quite frankly embarrassing.

Which means you really have MTD but that the planner has not been updated. You should make reservations for a few nights and then once you get a feel for how things go on the ship, you can book the rest of the nights.

With a party of 10 - first try to get all changed to DD Classic and link the reservations. If Classic is not available and you end up with DD Choice, book all your meals as soon as available; and if you need to - then make any adjustments onboard.

Read my previous post. If you want to sit together - have all the booking numbers and have one party book them together. It will update all the others calendars on their bookings. Another tip, book one date at a time. Otherwise, they may not take all together and you will have to start all over again. Or just call RCCL to do it. Good luck.