Fresh off Glory...

Tminish

I tried to find you everywhere but couldn't. Did you see my sticky note?

I did see it! Thanks for stopping by! I hate I wasn't at "home" Lol! I am sure we probably passed each other at some point. I hope that you had a great time!

I did see it! Thanks for stopping by! I hate I wasn't at "home" Lol! I am sure we probably passed each other at some point. I hope that you had a great time!

I did! I saw KSM quite a few times and hung out with them. She said she was constantly running into you, it just wasn't when we were together. But I was looking for you! Some of those notes were funny. Especially the "You steal chips" one. LOL.

I did! I saw KSM quite a few times and hung out with them. She said she was constantly running into you, it just wasn't when we were together. But I was looking for you! Some of those notes were funny. Especially the "You steal chips" one. LOL.

I have no idea who put that one on there! It was funny! Lots of them were! It was always enjoyable to come back and read the new ones! Yes, KSM and I were always running into each other! It was so crazy! She is a sweetheart!

Welcome back TMINISH

How was the condition of the ship?

I will be in her in a little over a month and I cant wait.

Thanks!

The condition was good. We had a lot of rain so I did see a few places that were holding buckets of water from the rain due to a few leaks I'm assuming. Other than that the condition was good.

What excursions did you do at the various ports? Any suggestions?

We did a Villa at HMC (with a few people here!) - well worth it and definitely split with some folks. Or as KSM did - get a cabana. She was right next to us so it was fun hanging out with everyone.

On St. Thomas we did the Kon Tiki - I enjoyed it. Especially if you like to have a few drinks and enjoy the live music plus honeymoon beach is really nice. With Carnival, rum punch is included and they pour it heavy :)

San Juan we did the forts of Old San Juan. I enjoyed doing it as a tour instead of on our own. Made it easier. LOTS of walking. Plus they drop you off in the shopping district after right around lunch time which is great.

Grand Turk, just went to the beach - they have tons of free beach chairs and umbrellas when you walk off the ship. We walked up to Jack's Shack which had a cool vibe.

Mind you, my excursions are largely limited by the fact that I have a 2 and a 4 year old. So no scuba diving or active things like that.

Just returned from the Carnival Glory.

If you have any questions let me know!

Were you asked to pick a time for service from the room steward?

was the ocean warm, could you walk right in? (I have only done summery months, never this time of year, I leave Saturday)

if you decorated your door, did they make you take the decorations down due to the new flame retardant guidelines? (I love decorating inspite of previous door decoration thefts)

thanks so much for your time!

Were you asked to pick a time for service from the room steward?

was the ocean warm, could you walk right in? (I have only done summery months, never this time of year, I leave Saturday)

if you decorated your door, did they make you take the decorations down due to the new flame retardant guidelines? (I love decorating inspite of previous door decoration thefts)

thanks so much for your time!

We were on the Glory also , and I loved it, one of my favorites so far and it was my 24th Carnival cruise . The room was done twice a day we were not asked to pick one. The water was very warm I would say about 80 in each port, my only biggest complaint was that we went on a beach excursion in San Juan only to get there and was told they did not recommend that we go into the beach as it was very rough and the current was strong, and while we were there it poured no ones fault that we had bad weather but that excursion should have been canceled , I paid $70.00 each to go to a beach and could only use the pool , I could have done that on the ship but Carnival refused a refund . The door decorations do not start until Oct. 31st.

Edited by keene state mom

Were you asked to pick a time for service from the room steward? I was not asked to pick a time. He came in the mornings, and in the evenings. Sometimes not even seeing him. I wondered how he did it or knew I was out of my room! LOL!

was the ocean warm, could you walk right in? (I have only done summery months, never this time of year, I leave Saturday) The ocean was perfect! I have personally never done a summer cruise. Only October/November for me. You will not be disappointed! Great time of the year to also sleep with your balcony door open if you have one as your cabin!

if you decorated your door, did they make you take the decorations down due to the new flame retardant guidelines? (I love decorating inspite of previous door decoration thefts) I actually did decorate my door! I was not told to take them down but I have heard that it ends October 31st. I actually heard someone while looking at my door say that I should not have decorated it.(I was inside my cabin) People can be so negative. I love the idea when it's done right. But a few bad people that don't obey the rules make it bad for the ones who do.

thank so much for your time! You are so very welcome! I hope that you go and enjoy your vacation.

Good morning, Woodfaerie! Please see my answers in red!

Thanks so much for the previous answers! I have one more. Did you get your S&S card at the time of check in or was it put in your stateroom mailbox as it seems some ships are doing?

So sad about the person who has to make a rude remark about your door decor. We all express our excitement in different ways. I have always decorated my door (simply) and was told I had to remove it on the Victory a year ago, but he allowed our inside decor to remain. The room steward said it was a new policy. (?)

I leave on the 29th, the new fire retardant policy starts the 31st so it ought to be interesting to see if I have to remove it.

Thanks so much for the previous answers! I have one more. Did you get your S&S card at the time of check in or was it put in your stateroom mailbox as it seems some ships are doing?

So sad about the person who has to make a rude remark about your door decor. We all express our excitement in different ways. I have always decorated my door (simply) and was told I had to remove it on the Victory a year ago, but he allowed our inside decor to remain. The room steward said it was a new policy. (?)

I leave on the 29th, the new fire retardant policy starts the 31st so it ought to be interesting to see if I have to remove it.

S&S cards are issued at the port like they have always been.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Did you go to the Piano Bar? Was he good? (Tommy G)

I was on the Glory 2 weeks ago. Tommy is a good piano player, and an acceptable vocalist. He is pleasant enough, but I think it takes a special personality to really get the crowd involved and he doesn't have that special spark. It was still enjoyable for a short time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

I was on the Glory 2 weeks ago. Tommy is a good piano player, and an acceptable vocalist. He is pleasant enough, but I think it takes a special personality to really get the crowd involved and he doesn't have that special spark. It was still enjoyable for a short time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

That's disappointing. :(

Thanks