Largest Meet & Greet ever? Harmony of the Seas

DocJohnB

This was posted by a friend to his f/b page today.

"One of the things that happens on almost every cruise we go on is a meet & greet gathering for Cruise Critic (which in an Internet group if you're not familiar with it). Before this I think the largest group I'd ever seen was about 150 members. Today's meeting was the largest ever on Royal Caribbean (& probably on any line) - 725 gathered together. The captain even came which I don't remember ever happening at the ones we've been at before."

Edited by DocJohnB

We are currently on Brilliance TA and had 300 last week, not bad for a smaller ship. It was hosted by cruise director Clo ( who is fantastic) and lots of senior staff were introduced.

Julie

• Administrators
I hope this revitalizes the M&M, I still enjoy them and take them for what they are worth, but their popularity is definitely been on the dwindle.

We aren't seeing that at all.

Of course, some sailings have more than others....there is no rhyme or reason btw. But, we're seeing large numbers in registrations...and a great deal of those showing up to parties.

We're also seeing interest from many other cruise lines, and have recently added Carnival and "another cruise line" is just about ready to sign on as well.

The largest we have witnessed was on our 2011 Liberty TA where we had 500 members and of those, 477 Registered. Now I can't say if all 477 attended but I would say very close to that. We ended up in the Sphinx Lounge. The problem with a large attendance, one can't possibly meet everyone

The captain even came which I don't remember ever happening at the ones we've been at before."[/color]

The Captain has attended some of the ones I have been at. Never been at one that large though. I saw that page. It was an amazing meet and greet.

Edited by Charles4515

We are going on Celebrity Equinox 2/20/17 sailing, 11 nights with 2 overnights in New Orleans for Mardi Gras. To date, our roll call has 475 registered. Usually the month before sailing, there are many last minute cruisers that join in. This should be a very large and well attended M&M. Looking forward to it.

"One of the things that happens on almost every cruise we go on is a meet & greet gathering for Cruise Critic (which in an Internet group if you're not familiar with it). Before this I think the largest group I'd ever seen was about 150 members. Today's meeting was the largest ever on Royal Caribbean (& probably on any line) - 725 gathered together. The captain even came which I don't remember ever happening at the ones we've been at before."

Sounds very cool...