Entertainment Eclipse

binzer2604

Entertainment is subjective. Last cruise was prime example. DH and I enjoyed the comedian one night so much that we went back to see his late night show. The following day we were speaking with another couple who walked out of his first show and certainly didn't go to the second.

Well when I am wrong, I will admit it.

Pool entertainment was really good today. One group with lively music and a folksy artist named Dallas Louis. Current tunes and talented musicians. We saw the CD, English chap named Eddie Jenkins. Never had him before but asked why no music at sail away? Why no musique at pool ? And last night at sky lounge the worse taped Music between very nice sets of the sea monkeys.

His response was a little underwhelming. Blamed bridge for the faulty weather report, Hum. Blamed assistant for lack of music and promised to look into sky lounge. Not the most energetic we have seen but must give him a chance. Tonight is Jesse Hamilton and disco night. Let you know tomorrow how that goes!!

Just docked in Curacao, but wanted to drop a quick line about last night's entertainment. Jesse Hamilton was a fun show, we did not realize that we had seen him last January while n Reflection but we gladly sat through his show once again. Same routine but really enjoyable...fun evening dancing to the Sea Monkeys in the sky lounge. While program says till late...they shut them down around midnight. Pumpkin hour on the ship. Musicians seemed into it and customers were calling for an encore but sound guy shut them down...all in all a great night. Where else can Canadians, English, and German tourists become friends in one evening!

Just docked in Curacao, but wanted to drop a quick line about last night's entertainment. Jesse Hamilton was a fun show, we did not realize that we had seen him last January while n Reflection but we gladly sat through his show once again. Same routine but really enjoyable...fun evening dancing to the Sea Monkeys in the sky lounge. While program says till late...they shut them down around midnight. Pumpkin hour on the ship. Musicians seemed into it and customers were calling for an encore but sound guy shut them down...all in all a great night. Where else can Canadians, English, and German tourists become friends in one evening!

Wonderful. I love a good band. It's too bad they were not willing to go past midnight. If able, will you find out how long the Sea Monkeys will be on board. We sail Jan 2, and I suspect there will be a changeover before Christmas. Would love to hear anything you want to share about the live music on board. Thank you. Have a great day in Curacao.

Marie

Pool entertainment was really good today. One group with lively music and a folksy artist named Dallas Louis. Current tunes and talented musicians. We saw the CD, English chap named Eddie Jenkins. Never had him before but asked why no music at sail away? Why no musique at pool ? And last night at sky lounge the worse taped Music between very nice sets of the sea monkeys.

His response was a little underwhelming. Blamed bridge for the faulty weather report, Hum. Blamed assistant for lack of music and promised to look into sky lounge. Not the most energetic we have seen but must give him a chance. Tonight is Jesse Hamilton and disco night. Let you know tomorrow how that goes!!

Thank you for continuing to update! Glad to hear that things have improved! I am enjoying your reports - sailing in 24 days.

BTW, I believe Eddie Jenkins just got the turnover, so I am sure there are some kinks to work out with communication and expectations etc. I generally like English CDs - Hope this guy is energetic and involved!

Thank you for continuing to update! Glad to hear that things have improved! I am enjoying your reports - sailing in 24 days.

BTW, I believe Eddie Jenkins just got the turnover, so I am sure there are some kinks to work out with communication and expectations etc. I generally like English CDs - Hope this guy is energetic and involved!

We had a wonderful day at the beach... snorkeling, sunshine, no waves..absolutely perfect. Wine and cheese on the lawn and missed the show...sorry gang got stuck on the bridge in Willemstad. Dinner was a little late and then Beatles night at the sky lounge. A little less lively but there was a lot going on in other venues so was unable to see all. When we returned to the ship this afternoon, sea monkeys were playing by the pool, we caught last of their set before heading back out to town but it seemed like it was,a good set. We learned that they are from Bulgaria...will ask when their contract ends but hope that you all get to hear them.. I do not really know why but this ship has two bands, we have not really heard the other group but will make an effort to look for them. WIll let you know tomorrow, after Bonaire!!

We had a wonderful day at the beach... snorkeling, sunshine, no waves..absolutely perfect. Wine and cheese on the lawn and missed the show...sorry gang got stuck on the bridge in Willemstad. Dinner was a little late and then Beatles night at the sky lounge. A little less lively but there was a lot going on in other venues so was unable to see all. When we returned to the ship this afternoon, sea monkeys were playing by the pool, we caught last of their set before heading back out to town but it seemed like it was,a good set. We learned that they are from Bulgaria...will ask when their contract ends but hope that you all get to hear them.. I do not really know why but this ship has two bands, we have not really heard the other group but will make an effort to look for them. WIll let you know tomorrow, after Bonaire!!

I really appreciate your efforts to find out how long they will be on board. Thank you so much. Have a wonderful day in Bonaire.

Marie

Just off the TA on the eclipse.. The Top hat and Chandelier big production broadway efforts were bad beyond belief - usual karaoke garbage singing to a lifeless backing tape. (so pretty much the same as every other cruise ship other than you have never heard of the show as its an in house product rather than a licenced broadway on the cheap version)

The guests , the house bands and anything that involved the orchestra/band though were generally superb - lifted by the live performance of a full band

Just arrived in Bonaire and view from balcony is superb. It is going to be very hot today so we are happily going snorkeling. Just a little added information..asked a lovely older couple seated with us yesterday who are on their first cruise if they were enjoying the entertainment. They really enjoyed the welcome aboard show and since we missed it, thought that I would pass on their opinion. Said it was a combination of different types of music, live singing and dancing. So for them it was a winner.

Agree with previous poster that the live band in theater is always entertaining, love listening to them in any musical genre. Do disagree for the Topper show, we were up and dancing...we do a holiday cruise with our young adult children and with my parents. Trying to appeal to such varied ages can be challenging. The kids will love Topper and it probably will not be my parents favorite. The opposite will be true for welcome aboard show, kids will probably be a little bored and Dad will love. Thanks celebrity for adding entertainment for younger people. But I would definitely not chalk all musical preference to simple demographics, some really active seniors were rocking out in the sky lounge one evening, so to each his own. For about a year, they had Miami DJ in Martini Bar, we loved it and it became our spot, while on Silhouette .Young people commented that they were surprised at how fun the cruise was. Sadly, DJ in Martini bar has been discontinued. Tonight's entertainment is a comedian named Rondell Sheridan, followed by live theme party in sky lounge. When looking for entertainment, we usually head to the sky lounge as Quasar seems a little neglected...other live entertainment Dallas Louis, in the lounge, Jessika and Luke in grand foyer...they are well suited for the venue, very mellow dinner music and Aquamarine, we have yet to hear. Have a nice day, have to run!!

we do a holiday cruise with our young adult children and with my parents. Trying to appeal to such varied ages can be challenging. The kids will love Topper and it probably will not be my parents favorite. The opposite will be true for welcome aboard show, kids will probably be a little bored and Dad will love.

Thank you for continuing to update. When you put it like that (the 3 generation example) I can well understand why there are such differing opinions on the entertainment. I cannot even begin to imagine my 71 year old mother enjoying all the same types of entertainment as my 23 year old daughter. And I'd be somewhere in the middle. So, I am really appreciating your opinions as you seem to be a middler too :) You are making me even more excited about our upcoming cruise (if possible!)

Edited by FlamingJune1967

We were on Eclipse in May and Sep. We really hated the production shows. Amateur performances with cringe worthy song choices. We've lived in London and experienced West End shows but these were just local Amateur society level. Way below the previous production show quality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Like you, we really like the DJ in the Martini Bar. Btw, dh is 68, and I am 53, married 34 years. While on the Infinity last month for a short cruise(4 nights) we were very disappointed not to have the DJ in the Martini Bar. We talked to someone and asked if the change was due to people complaining and the answer was yes. I figured this was the case :(. I wish I would have remembered to include my disappointment in the post cruise survey!

thanks for the updates

Entertainment is subjective. Last cruise was prime example. DH and I enjoyed the comedian one night so much that we went back to see his late night show. The following day we were speaking with another couple who walked out of his first show and certainly didn't go to the second.

Well I think that we had the same comedian that you enjoyed. Hysterical and he is back again tonight for a late show at 11. Regular schedule is 7 for late diners and 9 for early diners. Since we have select dining, it has sometimes been challenging making it to the 9 o'clock showing. Yesterday, lively dinner had us rushing to the show and missing the first half of it.

Sadly, I did not get to try the silent disco, forgot about it and after a full day of snorkeling we went to bed....yes we are midlers :). Hopefully, there will be a repeat of that activity.

Today there is a full schedule, Chandelier at 7 and 9 followed by pool party at 10 and comedian's repeat performance at 11. We have not yet made it to the ensemble lounge for after dinner drinks and have yet to hear the aquamarine duo. Will let you know how that goes.

Internet had a few issues yesterday and it was annoyingly slow. First days, it worked very well and we have been able to connect with kids and friends through messenger and Facebook. I even annoyed the kids by sending them short live videos of the Topper show, wanted to share...my sons have asked me to stop over sharing, oh well, their loss. But they keep texting!

Going out to Aruba, we are here overnight so should be nice to visit. Hope that all have a wonderful day!

Well I think that we had the same comedian that you enjoyed. Hysterical and he is back again tonight for a late show at 11. Regular schedule is 7 for late diners and 9 for early diners. Since we have select dining, it has sometimes been challenging making it to the 9 o'clock showing. Yesterday, lively dinner had us rushing to the show and missing the first half of it.

Sadly, I did not get to try the silent disco, forgot about it and after a full day of snorkeling we went to bed....yes we are midlers :). Hopefully, there will be a repeat of that activity.

Today there is a full schedule, Chandelier at 7 and 9 followed by pool party at 10 and comedian's repeat performance at 11. We have not yet made it to the ensemble lounge for after dinner drinks and have yet to hear the aquamarine duo. Will let you know how that goes.

Internet had a few issues yesterday and it was annoyingly slow. First days, it worked very well and we have been able to connect with kids and friends through messenger and Facebook. I even annoyed the kids by sending them short live videos of the Topper show, wanted to share...my sons have asked me to stop over sharing, oh well, their loss. But they keep texting!

Going out to Aruba, we are here overnight so should be nice to visit. Hope that all have a wonderful day!

Hi - I am on the Dec 11 Eclipse and it's my first time on Celebrity. If we want to enjoy the live music by the pool do we need to get there very early? It sounds like you are having a great time! I can't wait for Dec.

thanks for all this info! Just 3 weeks to go :D How did you like Chandelier?

Well last night was a lot of fun.. we made it to chandelier, the pool party and the late night comedian. I really wanted to love Chandelier, the production team is very talented, decor amazing..storyline complicated. CD explains it a bit before beginning. That said, my husband loved it...said one of the best. I found my thought wandering..what is wrong? Can't quite put my finger on it but all in all I would give it another chance.

Pool party was entertaining, Sea Monkeys were working again. This cruise has two bands, Sea Monkeys and Big town. Haven't really heard Big Town yet but will let you know. Two mellow duos Aquamarine and Jessika and Luke..sorry haven't really heard them enough but seem enjoyable for easy listening and Dallas Louis that I really like. Comedian was quite funny, we missed first show and he was so popular that they moved late night from Comedy Central to main theater and it was packed!! There was also a movie under the stars dockside..nice innovation and new to me. Thumbs up.

Tonight, Jayne Curry..we had the pleasure of seeing her on Constellation TA. Lots of fun and entertaining. We are eating in Tuscan Grill so hope that we make the show. There is also a rock and roll party in the sky lounge ans karaoke in the Quasar. Other duos are playing in the smaller venues, we will maybe give that a try. Since tomorrow is a Sea day we hope to see it all!!! We had a great time in Aruba, palm beach is nearby and 13$ by cab or 2,50$ bus ride. There are four of us so we opted for the cab..going all out on this cruise. :)

Well last night was a lot of fun.. we made it to chandelier, the pool party and the late night comedian. I really wanted to love Chandelier, the production team is very talented, decor amazing..storyline complicated. CD explains it a bit before beginning. That said, my husband loved it...said one of the best. I found my thought wandering..what is wrong? Can't quite put my finger on it but all in all I would give it another chance.

Pool party was entertaining, Sea Monkeys were working again. This cruise has two bands, Sea Monkeys and Big town. Haven't really heard Big Town yet but will let you know. Two mellow duos Aquamarine and Jessika and Luke..sorry haven't really heard them enough but seem enjoyable for easy listening and Dallas Louis that I really like. Comedian was quite funny, we missed first show and he was so popular that they moved late night from Comedy Central to main theater and it was packed!! There was also a movie under the stars dockside..nice innovation and new to me. Thumbs up.

Tonight, Jayne Curry..we had the pleasure of seeing her on Constellation TA. Lots of fun and entertaining. We are eating in Tuscan Grill so hope that we make the show. There is also a rock and roll party in the sky lounge ans karaoke in the Quasar. Other duos are playing in the smaller venues, we will maybe give that a try. Since tomorrow is a Sea day we hope to see it all!!! We had a great time in Aruba, palm beach is nearby and 13$ by cab or 2,50$ bus ride. There are four of us so we opted for the cab..going all out on this cruise. :)

Sounds fabulous!!! Jayne Curry...lucky you! I hope you are able to see her this evening. I am hoping the Sea Monkeys will still be on during our January 6 sailing. I suspect there will be lots of personnel changes before Christmas though.

Enjoy the Tuscan Grill and have a fantastic time later at the Roll and Roll Party.

Thanks for posting!

Marie

We got to see Jayne Curry last night...same show but still fun. She will be in Liars club tonight so should be funny. Tonight's show is featuring Gary Lovini..I don't remember seeing him but will certainly give it a try.

Lovely German couple asked us to join them for dessert in Tuscan grill. They were very interesting and felt like old friends as they had previously been seated at OUR table in dining room. Say our as we enjoyed first night so much that we asked to be assigned said table every night . They mentioned that Big town was very disappointing and they had left the pool that afternoon as they could no longer take it. Can't give an opinion yet as I have not heard them yet.

The afternoon entertainment by the pool on sea days normally begins around one with the line dance. It is usually followed by the DJ and then some kind of pool game. Then the band and one of the mellow acts around four. We wound up on solstice deck as we got to the pool around 10 and it was really crowded. Most people don't stay all day and if just two of you, you can usually get a pair of chairs quite easily. You can always ask an attendant and they can sometimes find some available chairs by moving two singles around. we usually have lunch around 1-1h30..then do some activity so we have missed most of it. Hope

That this helps.

We got to see Jayne Curry last night...same show but still fun. She will be in Liars club tonight so should be funny. Tonight's show is featuring Gary Lovini..I don't remember seeing him but will certainly give it a try.

Lovely German couple asked us to join them for dessert in Tuscan grill. They were very interesting and felt like old friends as they had previously been seated at OUR table in dining room. Say our as we enjoyed first night so much that we asked to be assigned said table every night . They mentioned that Big town was very disappointing and they had left the pool that afternoon as they could no longer take it. Can't give an opinion yet as I have not heard them yet.

The afternoon entertainment by the pool on sea days normally begins around one with the line dance. It is usually followed by the DJ and then some kind of pool game. Then the band and one of the mellow acts around four. We wound up on solstice deck as we got to the pool around 10 and it was really crowded. Most people don't stay all day and if just two of you, you can usually get a pair of chairs quite easily. You can always ask an attendant and they can sometimes find some available chairs by moving two singles around. we usually have lunch around 1-1h30..then do some activity so we have missed most of it. Hope

That this helps.

You can just have dessert in the Tuscan Grill?

You can just have dessert in the Tuscan Grill?

Haven't posted in a few days as internet is having issues. These seem to have been resolved and it is up and running again. It is much faster than it used to be. They made it better last January,we were able to see difference as we were on a back to back...first week usual slow connection, second week huge difference. I guess that all the bugs have yet to be worked out but am hopeful.

Last i posted I was on my way out to Gary Lovini and to the Liars club. Sadly both were very disappointing. Gary Lovini, violinist of talent but little charisma or interaction. Enjoyed one Coldplay song and then Liars club. Panel was a Celebrity chef, Jayne Curry and The CD, Eddie Jenkins. He is such a disappointment, I do believe that it is an interim contract and that he will probably not be here for a long appointment. Also, why is most of the Activities team English. Nothing against them but all rather standoffish and lacklustre. A little dull.

Following evening was a lot of fun, show was Another performance by Jayne Curry. New material and fun. She announced that her services have been retained by Celebrity for the coming year. She will be joining Equinox when we dock next to her tomorrow in Saint Maarten. Whenever Jayne Curry is onboard, same schedule seems to apply. First night, her first show, second night, liars club and third night, à back by popular demand show!! I enjoyed second show more than first but first was recycled material. After her second show we went to the Quasar for silent disco. What a hoot!! Headphones playing different songs on different channels so varied rhythms and most people singing at the top of their lungs. Most fun that we have had onboard, look for it. But in true Celebrity fashion, they know how to bring down a party...after 90 minutes, announced that it was over and to hand in headsets even thou party was still going strong. That was followed by a series by the DJ that started off well enough and when pumpkin hour approached, ( midnight) a series of boring tunes designed to clear out remaining guests. It has become very predictable. If you want a late night, only choice is the casino...hummm anyone surprised?

Last night was the worst, a magician who managed to drag out four tricks into a 45 minute show. So cheezy and predictable. I do believe that children at a toddler party would have been disappointed. That was followed by ballroom dancing in the sky lounge...our group had an early night.

Tonight is a singer, I will let you know how that goes but I am optimistic, they can't possibly be worse than Lovini and Magician...

Today we are in Saint Kitts. Our itinerary was changed a little as in Saint Lucia we would have been tendered so we were able to dock and visit Bridgetown following day. Thank you Captain!

In Tuscan grill, I do believe that you must have the whole meal, they graciously allowed us to return for dessert after attending the show as we were stuffed. Waiter had to ask his supervisor and probably could not do this on a regular level but they happily allowed us to do it so we were very grateful. Happy cruising to all of you and how lucky are we to be cruisers?