Is it safe/possible to..

klfhngr

:eek:

This is too funny! I bet that you and thong boy are a riot to cruise with. Thanks for the laugh.

By the way' date=' make sure that you put [i']your toys [/i]*wink* in a ziploc. Don't want the TSA touchin' those. ;)

Ha! You remember Thong Boy, ha... he was the one that was asking me about this stuff yesterday.. I told him 'I aint to shy to ask'! So that's why I'm asking... If I was him, I'd be more embarassed of that mini banana hammock that he's taking onboard...!

PS Yes, we're a riot, we've been known to cause some damage on many ships/cruises.. Not trouble, just alot fun....

Will they confiscate if there's batteries?

Carry on? Didn't a stewardess or passenger experience an embarrasing situation at an airport once?!!

I am sure I will regret this but ok...I'll "bite." I believe that embarrassing situation is an urban legend, but the way the story goes is someone's luggage was um vibrating and making noise leading to the requisite embarrassment when the luggage was searched in their presence. For that reason, pack your um toys WITHOUT the batteries so they do not turn themselves on. Also, pack them in your checked luggage so the person doing the screening of the carry-on bags doesn't get a laugh. Oh, and if you are talking about Barbie dolls and toy trucks, by all means ignore everything we have all told you and feel free to bring em on.

I am sure I will regret this but ok...I'll "bite." I believe that embarrassing situation is an urban legend, but the way the story goes is someone's luggage was um vibrating and making noise leading to the requisite embarrassment when the luggage was searched in their presence. For that reason, pack your um toys WITHOUT the batteries so they do not turn themselves on. Also, pack them in your checked luggage so the person doing the screening of the carry-on bags doesn't get a laugh. Oh, and if you are talking about Barbie dolls and toy trucks, by all means ignore everything we have all told you and feel free to bring em on.

So you've never had a problem then? Thanks for the feedback...

gizfish,

I'm sure I, too, will regret this, but I'll bite back anyway :D . The above story ALMOST could've been mine, except:

It was my carry-on bag that got funny looks from security :o because it was vibrating :eek: ...but it was just my electric toothbrush...I speak the truth!! Now I just pack a travel toothbrush. Live and learn.

Will they confiscate if there's batteries?

Carry on? Didn't a stewardess or passenger experience an embarrasing situation at an airport once?!!

I know I'm feeding this but...I was the hostess of a bachelorette party and called the airline to ask this question. I had the whole department laughing but I did get an answer: DO NOT put in carry-ons unless you want a public viewing. They will page you if they have questions about your checked luggage.

I know I'm feeding this but...I was the hostess of a bachelorette party and called the airline to ask this question. I had the whole department laughing but I did get an answer: DO NOT put in carry-ons unless you want a public viewing. They will page you if they have questions about your checked luggage.

You're sitting at the gate waiting to board your plane to your cruise, when the anoucement overhead pages you by name,

TSA: We detected a suspicious object in your luggage.

You: Like what?

TSA: An elongated tube with wires and batteries.

You: So.........

TSA: We are concerned it may be a security risk.

You: Huh? ... Don't tell me it was vibrating....

TSA: Would you please step into this room, we need to conduct a more extensive search........

:o Ok, I'll admit it...one of "my toys", packed with batteries......thankfully didn't turn on in airline transit, but on ride home from airport...and my father in law was the one that picked us up at the airport..... :o :o Talk about wanting to DIE of embarrassment!!!

You're sitting at the gate waiting to board your plane to your cruise, when the anoucement overhead pages you by name,

TSA: We detected a suspicious object in your luggage.

You: Like what?

TSA: An elongated tube with wires and batteries.

You: So.........

TSA: We are concerned it may be a security risk.

You: Huh? ... Don't tell me it was vibrating....

TSA: Would you please step into this room, we need to conduct a more extensive search........

While that is very funny, they page you to the airlines desk with only your name.

Mine would have never been vibrating; I remove the batteries.:p:D

While that is very funny, they page you to the airlines desk with only your name.

Mine would have never been vibrating; I remove the batteries.:p:D

When they shut down the airport because they found articles which could be assembled for a bomb.............:eek:

When they shut down the airport because they found articles which could be assembled for a bomb.............:eek:

Hey, I wasn't packing C4. Simple circuits do not a "threat" make. Please tell me how "articles" could be assembled?:eek:

Hey, I wasn't packing C4. Simple circuits do not a "threat" make. Please tell me how "articles" could be assembled?:eek:

Connect wires to blasting cap.

Press blasting cap into C4.

Place C4 with blasting cap into elongated round tube with threaded cap.

Connect batteries (found elsewhere in luggage).

Damn, oh Yeah! I almost forgot!

Duck Tape it!:D

Connect wires to blasting cap.

Press blasting cap into C4.

Place C4 with blasting cap into elongated round tube with threaded cap.

Connect batteries (found elsewhere in luggage).

Damn, oh Yeah! I almost forgot!

Duck Tape it!:D

Hey, I did say I had no C4, so I should use duct tape instead?:confused:;):p

Hey, I did say I had no C4, so I should use duct tape instead?:confused:;):p

You asked "How?"

Now as for the C4... Find yourself about 10 cases of an old pharmaceutical called Peritrate SA. That's C4 in a tablet form.

Now I noticed 2 things:

1. You admit to "Packin" for your cruise. Good Girl!

2. You seem to know about being paged for your luggage.

Coincidence?

Just playin' with ya!:p:D

When we were picking up luggage at the terminal in NO we couldn't find a bag. They told us to go over by the table where they had those "confiscated

items" that they were returning to passengers as they disembarked. On the table were several interesting items including furry and leopard skin covered handcuffs, blindfolds, and some kind of feather whip. Never saw anyone claim them though.

Archived