How to split the cost with 5 in a cabin?

jpcdds6

It's going to be a mess.

Eventually at least one of the five will be tempted to take the ID of the cruiser with the drink promo to a different bar and use the same card for her drinks. They'll figure out how expensive the drinks are and make choices that some of us wouldn't make. My guess is at least one of the five will.

Then, eventually one of the five will realize she isn't drinking as much as the other 4 and she won't want to split that bar bill at the end of the cruise equally.

I think i'd probably buy my daughter a spa pass so she could use the spa showers to get ready. These girls need to be told to pack very, very lightly.

Switch the promos to free 3rd & 4th and daily service charge.

Evenly split the total of the room plus the cost of 3 additional daily service charge.

Then everyone is responsible for their own drinks and onboard spending.

I'd also look at the price difference per person for getting 2 rooms. 2 rooms would give 4 of the 5 the promos.

Switch the promos to free 3rd & 4th and daily service charge.

Evenly split the total of the room plus the cost of 3 additional daily service charge.

Then everyone is responsible for their own drinks and onboard spending.

I'd also look at the price difference per person for getting 2 rooms. 2 rooms would give 4 of the 5 the promos.

I'm thinking it would be a lot more for two cabins, even with the use of the promos.

When is their spring break? Some of those dates are excluded from the Friends & Family promo.

March 12th-19. They booked and got the promos. Booked an O1 family oceanview. Price for that category has gone up $350 on the NCL site since they booked.

There have been some great suggestions already.

How are the sleeping arrangements?

Those sleeping on a pull out sofa or on a raised bed, should get a small break on the cost.

However, I would figure out the drink packages (not the insane NCL cost, but a more reasonable cost) subtract from the overall cost to arrive at the cabin cost. The two in the main bed pay a little extra, say $50 each.

March 12th-19. They booked and got the promos. Booked an O1 family oceanview. Price for that category has gone up $350 on the NCL site since they booked.

Okay does your initial $743 per person include DSC? If not then add in another $94.50 pp for DSC so say $840 per person if split evenly and ony 2 get UBP.

2 category OC:

Room A with 2 people - picks UBP & DSC - $2,035.32

Room B with 3 people - picks UBP & Friends & Family - $2,487.48 (including 3 DSCs)

Total = $4,522.80

Divided by 5 is $904.56 each (and that includes DSC for all & UBP for 4 of the 5)

My daughter and four of her college friends are sailing the Breakaway out of New York for spring break. First two get the UBP, and 3rd and 4th sail free. They are also going to split the Internet package. It would be around $743 per person if they split it evenly, but I think the two that have UBP should pay more, and they agree. Any ideas on how to make it as fair as possible? They are in an ocean view that fits 5. Gonna be a lot of fun when they are getting ready for dinner at the same time I would imagine. Cabin 5178 will need a refurb after that cruise.

My daughter and 2 of her friends will be on the Getaway for Spring Break. Here is how I dealt with the 3 of them sharing a cabin. The 3rd person was free and the first 2 got the UBP. I added up the total cost of the trip including the UBP for the third person and I included the Daily Charge. I then divided it by 3 and they each paid the exact same amount. That seemed like the fairest way to do it. So now at the end of the cruise all they are responsible for is what each of them buys and their excursions. The kids also thought that was the best way to do it. I hope this helps you! Good luck!!

My daughter and 2 of her friends will be on the Getaway for Spring Break. Here is how I dealt with the 3 of them sharing a cabin. The 3rd person was free and the first 2 got the UBP. I added up the total cost of the trip including the UBP for the third person and I included the Daily Charge. I then divided it by 3 and they each paid the exact same amount. That seemed like the fairest way to do it. So now at the end of the cruise all they are responsible for is what each of them buys and their excursions. The kids also thought that was the best way to do it. I hope this helps you! Good luck!!

That sounds fair but in our case it would require an additional 3 UBP's. And the service charges. I will look at the #s. I'm not sure how high their bar bill would be and if they should just split that at the end.

That sounds fair but in our case it would require an additional 3 UBP's. And the service charges. I will look at the #s. I'm not sure how high their bar bill would be and if they should just split that at the end.

I think that even if it ends up costing more, purchasing 3 more packages is the way to go, to preserve the friendship.

So....

If the Breakaway leaves New York at 4:00pm travelling at 20 knots.....

And the Getaway leaves Miami at 4:00pm travelling at 18 knots....

And 3 out of 5 girls have a drink, but no package...

and 2 out of 5 girls have the package but no drink....

what time will the Sky begin disembarking?????:confused::confused::confused:

So....

It was so much easier when I was in college and we all went to Ft Lauderdale and slept where we dropped.

So, they are looking on paying $743 each for the cruise and people are suggesting adding drink packages for $652 (7 days) for each of the three girls. That would be insane and ruin the value they are trying to get out this cruise. There is a reason they are stuffed into one room.

The best option by far is to take the two UBP's and swap a light drinker out of the first two spots. The first two have to be (by far) the most likely to use the package.

They need to clearly understand that ONLY the first two passengers can go up to the bar and use their own key cards to buy drinks. I believe it still is acceptable for one girl to buy two drinks for both of the UBP holders using one card. The THREE passengers should be the more responsible of the five girls in the group and alert to their own charges, as they can add up fast if they try to keep pace with the UBP owners, and they need to know what the daily drink specials that are offered and that ship prices do not coincide with how they may be familiar with things working on land.

So, they are looking on paying $743 each for the cruise and people are suggesting adding drink packages for $652 (7 days) for each of the three girls. That would be insane and ruin the value they are trying to get out this cruise. There is a reason they are stuffed into one room.

The best option by far is to take the two UBP's and swap a light drinker out of the first two spots. The first two have to be (by far) the most likely to use the package.

They need to clearly understand that ONLY the first two passengers can go up to the bar and use their own key cards to buy drinks. I believe it still is acceptable for one girl to buy two drinks for both of the UBP holders using one card. The THREE passengers should be the more responsible of the five girls in the group and alert to their own charges, as they can add up fast if they try to keep pace with the UBP owners, and they need to know what the daily drink specials that are offered and that ship prices do not coincide with how they may be familiar with things working on land.

Thanks for the input. I think your idea makes a lot of sense. I knew it was not going to be an easy question to answer. I think getting the bev package for the other 3 girls would cost more than they will actually spend on alcohol.

So....

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums