Just want to relax-with a view

oldmom

We have done the Stingray bit-loved it-with the family. This will be a "relaxing" cruise- early December RCCL cruise- just us 2- we are in our 50's-so no place rowdy-nothing stressful-or rushed. Looking for a view bar/restaurant- to have an adult beverage-and then casual lunch. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Breezes has a great view, and is right across from the port area so you get to see all the cruise ships.

http://caymangoodtaste.com/restaurants_detail.asp?restaurantID=12

You can also use the maps and/or the search feature on that website to scout out other nearby restaurants and see sample menus, so you could pick what looks best.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

MyBar at Sunset House Resort. It's a perfect place to hang out, relax, enjoy some great food bites, drink some cocktails, etc. Not many cruisers head here, so it's a perfect place to go. There is snorkeling and a pool if you choose to get into the water, but a great patio area with a beautiful view of the sea. No sand, though.

100% agree: My Bar at Sunset House .... this is where I head every visit. First time I was here was about 1983 ....

when cruisers invade town the locals lunch at Sunset House ....

"In this day of teardowns and modern buildings being erected, it’s refreshing to see that some of the venues from our youth are still standing. Sunset House’s “My Bar” is one such venue – an oasis in the form of a large, thatch-roofed building that overlooks the water, where many happy memories have been created by families over the years.

My Bar is a local staple for many residents, and is a popular choice of divers. This is hardly a surprise, as with Sunset Divers on-site, and Cathy Church’s Photo Centre located in the main building, divers gravitate towards the property.

The dishes on the menu range from fish tacos and conch fritters to burgers and fish and chips, with a selection of salads for those who prefer the lighter side of life.

After the great beer and food, probably the biggest selling point of My Bar at Sunset House is its atmosphere and view. Even on the hottest days of the year, there is a lovely breeze moving through there, and people can either sit at the bar, or take a seat at one of the many tables on the large deck."

http://www.whatshot.ky/2014/09/sunset-house-my-bar-a-legendary-local-favorite/

Looking from Sunset towards town on a somewhat breezy (and rough) day

100_0114_zps860a4285.jpg

mybar.jpg.420x210_default.jpg

No, they do not charge a resort fee .... as long as you are patronizing the bar you are welcome to your table ... and IME they will also let you use the pool if you ask nicely (and they are not swamped by a special event) and snorkeling is right there too, FREE with a dive shop for gear rental if needed. Diver? This is one of the most popular shore dives on the island ....

dd and I ready for a night dive at Sunset House

100_0105_zps00ed64ce.jpg

we saw a basket star THIS big

100_0108_zps0c58a4f9.jpg

Edited by Capt_BJ