NCL - anyone worn designer ripped jeans

Blondie008

"Designer" means nothing. Those bib-jeans from the tractor supply warehouse are designed somewhere.

My rule of thumb for dress code is always try to dress up a bit and not disrespect your spouse by being anything less than what they expect of you.

And this applies to air travel as well.

So, no ripped pants in the MDR, no flip-flops and never shorts after 6 pm.

Cover the tatoos except at the beach, and take off the baseball cap inside.

A girl after my own heart! I agree with you completely! There are some things a woman over 45 should never wear, especially on a cruise! Fooling yourself is one thing, but fooling others is something else!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

"not disrespect your spouse by being anything less than what they expect of you."

What the heck! Seriously????:eek: My DH expects only that I be myself. At 70...I too wear distressed clothing. I would not wear them in the MDR...but that's just my choice.

By-the-way...I rock a pink, kitty-cat hat too!;)

So I went on this board looking to see if I can wear ripped jeans on the casual nights. I'm sailing on Royal Caribbean's Liberty of the Seas a week from Sunday. I would wear them with nice blouses and heels, they just happen to be my best fitting jeans. The only threads I'm finding are debating whether people should wear them period, on or off a cruise, and trashing the style. Totally fine if people don't like the style but can anyone tell me if I'd be able to wear them to dinner on casual nights? If anyone has any experience with Royal Caribbean and has seen people wearing ripped/distressed jeans or have worn them themselves their input would be helpful. For reference, the pair I'm wearing are very dark washed and only slightly distressed.

Had to laugh at this thread still being "alive".:D

It came to mind to me however, when in January this year, I was on a British Airways flight, wearing - a really nice pair of those "magisculpt" stretchy jeans -which are my travel "to go" comfort jeans and actually, I can no longer find them online,.I love them - guess they are more of a jegging than a jean, but they are great for travelling and comfy especially on night flights when I like to curl up. They are supposed to "uplift" etc - not sure that they do,but I love(d) them anyway!

My seat on the BA flight was damaged. I stood up, and heard a rriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip - yup - karma hahaha - my lovely jeans were ripped right along the back of my calve..

Now had they been ripped at the front I might have got away with it - but I had this ridiculous flap of denim hanging down the back of my leg....

I felt like a total twit walking through the airport in Grand Cayman :eek:

And yes, over a month later I am still waiting on BA to cough up for said ripped jeans!

I did cut them into a pair of cycling shorts btw - at least I still get use out of them ;)

I wore mine on both NCL and Celebrity. Saw loads on NCL - not so many on Celebrity but I even wore mine on one of their "Evening Chic" nights with a really glam top and heels -

Its all about the "all over look" - I think what the ships dont want is that "rapper style builders bum" look - Fashionable is fine! Ignore the naysayers and wear what makes you feel good!

You will be fine - go for it!

Just saw all these replies! For some reason I haven't been getting any sort of notification on replies. Thanks so much letting me know. I figured as long as they didn't look sloppy it would be ok but I just wanted to check. Thank you!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Celebrity frowns on and even states in their Dress Code "no ripped jeans" and I read somewhere that RCL is cracking down on the few rules that most lines still have. I can't see them caring how much they cost. Your choice. I'm leaving mine at home.

Sent from my iPad using Forums