Four Ships in Melbourne for Melbourne Cup

Once again there will be four ships in Melbourne during the upcoming Melbourne Cup racing carnival.

They are:

Pacific Pearl

Pacific Jewel

Carnival Spirit

Pacific Dawn

Of interest is that the Pacific Dawn will be berthing at Victoria Dock, this means she will need to pass under the Westgate Bridge.

Many ships do pass under the bridge however she is the largest to do so.

Link to what it was like last time.

I have taken an extra day off and thus have a four day weekend. I shall be perched at the base of the bridge on Monday morning to take some video and still shots of her as she passes by.

***** if you are on board .... I will be on the port side, give me a wave - you might just see yourself on Youtube one day !!!! ***** :D

Heres a note of the schedule

Mon 31 Oc t... Pacific Pearl ... 31 Oct ..0800 ... 2 Nov ...1730

Mon 31 Oct ... Pacific Jewel ... 31 Oct ...0730 2 Nov ...1800

Tue 1 Nov ..... Carnival Spirit ... 1 Nov ... 0700 3 Nov ...1600

Tue 1 Nov ..... Pacific Dawn ... VicDock ... 1 Nov ... 0800 2 Nov 1600

WOW --- thanks for the heads up

I guess I shall now be there on Tuesday morning ----- look for me in the bright blue beanie waving like a person who is counting down to cruising in a few weeks

Dobby, i have some friends on the Spirit, I will make sure they wave to you:p

Counting down with you:D

Dobby, i have some friends on the Spirit, I will make sure they wave to you:p

Counting down with you:D

Bugger - this means Dobby has to wear clothes!!

maybe I shall turn around to show them the hole of Melbourne

:o

Edited by Dobby_The_Ship_Elf

Dobby I just have to say - I love the name!

I'm in a FB group where quite a few people are on the cruises heading to Melbourne for the cup, I'm sure you'd be welcomed to join 'Oz Cruise Chat' and flag your video opportunities for some of them!

Dobby I just have to say - I love the name!

I'm in a FB group where quite a few people are on the cruises heading to Melbourne for the cup, I'm sure you'd be welcomed to join 'Oz Cruise Chat' and flag your video opportunities for some of them!

Geez Meamat......don't encourage the Elf.....he is on our cruise in November and we will be exposed to White speedo's and mankini's:p

and just a heads up about talking about the FB group that is not to be mentioned on CC...shhhh..... no one will know;)

Edited by cheznandy

Our group of 4 will be on the Spirit. We have Myki cards for public transport which we need to activate at a railway station 24 hours before we intend to actually use them - advice from their call centre today when I tried to activate it online [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can also activate the MYKI on the # 109 Tram from PORT MELBOURNE (at the head of Station Pier and look inland to the right.)

For those berthed at Station Pier take # 109 tram from PORT MELBOURNE to corner Spencer & Collins Sts alight there. TOUCH ON with Myki on the tram, but NO touch OFF on trams. Then the modernistic building you see on the corner is SOUTHERN CROSS station . Proceed to the Upper Concouse and take Suburban train to FLEMINGTON for the Melbourne Cup (Tuesday), OAKS Day (Thursday) . You need to touch on MYKI to get entry through suburban barriers. On arrival at FLEMINGTON touch off when leaving platform. Returning same thing touch on at FLEMINGTON platform, and TOUCH OFF when alighting at either SOUTHERN CROSS or FLINDERS STREET stations .

Trams - you just touch ON

Trains & Buses - you touch ON and OFF .

From Victoria Dock, taxi or shuttle bus to Southern Cross station.

For those requiring MYKI for all Melbourne public transport (trains, trams, buses) you will find a Sales desk in the Cruise Terminal on arrival at Station Pier .