Qsine Pictures and Suggestions

likestorelax

My husband and I want to eat at Qsine on the Reflection. It will just be the two of us. Worried about ordering too much or getting full on big portions. Does anyone have pictures of the food they serve-or know a link to see pictures on CC? When you eat there, do you order all your food at once or can you order 1-2 items, eat them and then order more? What items are big and which ones are light or small in size. Any feedback appreciated

OK it's small plates of many different ethnicities.

I wouldn't waste time on things like "chips" (fries) and empty calorie things.

You will order all at once, but you can also order more or change it up as you go along. No worries.

Pace yourself. Don't feel you have to eat every bite.

There are set servings. You don't have to go with that. For instance, there are spring rolls. It's a serving of two. They would bring you EACH two (two different flavors). What we did after the first time is order ONE single spring roll (egg roll) and just split one.

We asked for just ONE meatball, not three.

The filet mignon palette is good, but it's not a full filet. It's like a little 2 oz. which is good, you don't want to fill up. Pass on the sliders. Those are just burgers.

Lava crab is good.

If you get on your roll call you can organize a group to go together. It's more fun in a group, then you can get one or two of most things and just pass them around.

I like the tombstone dessert and the surprise dessert (bread pudding).

We've been able to ask for small portions and as the other poster said don't bother filling up on typical dishes you can get elsewhere. A lot of the appeal is the novelty and presentation of the dishes, I've eaten at Qsine 4 times because it's fun to take people who have never experience Qsine before, but I don't think the food is all that great. Just my experience.

We've only been once and when we sat down, the waiter explained how it all worked and suggested we order no more than 5 different dishes. That was pretty good advice. He assured us that we could always add to our order if we didn't feel as though it was enough food.

The food provided is actually in pretty small portions .. except for the fries. I don't eat them (or try not to) and there were a lot of those in one order.

We liked the lava crab a lot but nothing else really thrilled us to death, but all was good. We were full after ordering the 5 options with some fries leftover.

We skipped dessert ... just too full.

We love it there and always go back 2-3 times. You can ask for smaller portions, I think they recommend 4-5 plate. Some of our favs are the sliders,tacos,meatballs( OMG so good) lava crab and disco shrimp. Ask for Eva ( pronounced Ava, she has white hair) she will make it so much fun for you.

We always split everything... we don't each order what we want. We choose 4 items and often times we don't even get to the 4th. We'll tell the waiter not to bring it. You can let them know that you may do this when you order and the waiter will check with you before bringing it out.

The sliders (when they were made with Kobe beef) were my favorite. And the filet. The food is better than "good". The presentation is fun and relaxed. I like it better than Murano!

When I first researched Qsine I found a review with pictures on an online site/blog and it was an elderly couple, looked well to do, and they ordered and ate the whole menu!:eek:

4/5 dishes (with a couple of the meant for two people) is probably enough for us but may try a couple of smaller portions of something else but like others, no sliders, the crispy things dish, tacos or meatballs, we can get those anywhere.

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

Agree with many of the comments.

4-5 items to start is likely a good initial order. You can order more after depending how you feel. Don't forget about saving room for dessert.

Discuss with the waiter about the portion sizes, though we did receive the odd piece of info that didn't end up being exactly what we were expecting. When we went as a group of four, our waiter automatically brought double portions on some items so you might want to be specific in terms of quantity.

You can order portions from larger items. Eg. M's favourites is a huge collection of "tapas" but you can request individual items from that list instead of the whole set.

One thing I don't understand is why they don't utilize iPad menu better and provide pictures of the dishes. I suppose they are trying to keep the presentation as a surprise.

This is our take on the dishes we've tried but YMMV as everyone's tastes differs. Some of the thoughts are from a visit on a previous cruise so I'm not sure if all the items are exactly the same.

Chinese X Martini = Chintini's: This is a set of five sampling sized Chinese dishes and a container of rice. Didn't love this item. The felt the dishes were over-sauced and we didn't love the sauces.

Crunchy Munchies: This was a bunch of containers with various fried potato type items: fries, chips, croquettes. It satisfies a munchie craving but it's not worth ordering IMO because it's not really unique and too much of a similar type of item.

Disco Shrimp: It's a relatively small but tasty shrimp salad in a martini glass sized dish that we quite liked.

Lava Crab: We did't love the lava crab because we didn't appreciate the kataifi coating and the sauce. It's a bit larger than a golf ball.

Lobster Escargot: This one was a bit of a miss as I think I prefer traditional escargot better. Typical 6 pieces accompanied with some brioche cones.

M's Favourites: This is a meal in itself with its 12 items in a rack. The items were a bit hit and miss for us. The hits were the lamb chops and goat cheese cigars.

"Popcorn" Fish N Chips: I liked it as a nice sampling of fish and chips but the fries were swapped out with small potato croquettes when we had it.

Salmon Cataplana: This dish was a pleasant surprise but it was a larger portion than we were expecting. There were two relatively small squares of salmon but it was a larger dish overall when you factored in the broth and ravioli.

Soup & Souffle: This was 3 test tube sized portions of chilled soup with 3 shot glass sized square souffles. We found the soups a bit hit and miss but the souffles were quite nice.

Spring Rolls: I love spring rolls but I found these too meaty. I generally prefer a more traditional minced meat with veg. Came as a set of 4 with a small side of coleslaw.

Sushi Lollipops: We enjoyed them. Don't truly consider it "sushi" though. The coatings on the rice kind of masked any deficiencies of the rice. Our order came with 2 each of the 4 different lollipops, a shot glass portion of tuna bits, and pickled ginger.

Treservice: We liked this ceviche. Three shot glasses sized portions and a side of fries was a good sampling size for us.

Here's a link to our Qsine pix.

We - my husband, adult son and I - really enjoy Qsine, and I do have some photos. On our Transatlantic cruise last year, I think we went three times (in 16 days) but they did keep offering us great discounts.

The staff are very good at guiding you on how much, and what to order.

It's not gourmet food, but it's tasty, and fun.

<a href=https://c6.staticflickr.com/8/7754/17690429853_e382af0ff4.jpg' alt='17690429853_e382af0ff4.jpg'>Qsine on Celebrity Silhouette by Harrogate, on Flickr[/img]

17688421964_581fe8ac9b.jpgQsine on Celebrity Silhouette by Harrogate, on Flickr

18308561282_37df1508f3.jpgQsine on Celebrity Silhouette by Harrogate, on Flickr

18124724430_ce8b50a3ed.jpgQsine on Celebrity Silhouette by Harrogate, on Flickr

18124719810_782663ff15.jpgQsine on Celebrity Silhouette by Harrogate, on Flickr

Qsiine was brilliant , HOWEVER. Do not have the soufflé too early on as they really fill you up , so much so you feel so uncomfortable you just need to go sit down somewhere quiet to recover !!! It was all fabulous and next time we are taking our children as its a great way to introduce them to different foods in a really fun way

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Very disappointed in the quality of the food. You're paying for presentation which is unique. Could get all the same food in the buffet. Not worth $45.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I suppose with the high amounts of OBC people have nowadays this is a good way to try it without shelling out as such.

Does anyone have pictures of the food they serve

I just went through my pictures, we have been to QSine in 2013 and 2014 and tried quite much.

Click here to view a slideshow with food pics:

http://s1335.photobucket.com/user/unipacphotobuck/slideshow/Celebrity%20Cruises/Food/QSine

If you have any questions regarding one of the pictures/food, feel free to ask - I am happy to answer!

My wife and I ate in Qsine on our last Celebrity Cruise in June, 2016. It was our first experience and we like it. Don't be afraid to order as many different dishes as you wish. If you don't eat them all, so what! Our meal was served in courses as they were prepared by the cooks they would be served. You are in this restaurant for the "experience" of trying new foods and different food presentation. Enjoy and we suggest you try the "Silver Bullet" for dessert. Happy Cruising! Bob and Linda

Just got back from our Dutch Antilles cruise on the Infinity and dined in Qsine for the very first time. Don't worry about ordering too much.

We started out by ordering the tacos and the filet mignon - both amazing and excellent. Our waitress was rather surprised we only ordered two and told us if we were still hungry, we could order another later. I thought how could that possibly not be enough, but it worked out great. They plan these dishes so you really only have a few bites of each (except for the meatball one - that's about 3 meals in 1 - it's like they lost their way from the Tuscan Grill) anyway, we did end up ordering another dish, the Chi-tini.

The food was so wonderful and we enjoyed it so much, we came back another night (that's how we found out about the meatballs).

Enjoy and have fun on your cruise!

We also enjoyed Q sine on the ABC Island cruise on Infinity..We were just a table of 2, as were many of the others dining there. A group might be fun but sharing food with a group not that appetizing to us..

They have special serving items...like the photos show ..so often the portions run large if just for two.....example: we ordered the crispy fried and were served a tall tower of muti portions of fries..found it wasteful.. Sushi pops were too many as my dh does not eat sushi..other items sized well.

. It was fun and tasty and definitely clever, but we prefer a cohesive meal. Switching food types each course was a bit wierd.

Service was excellent..the decor very coool, but the i pad could easily be eliminated..very quirky and wastes time..If they could serve half portions it would be better...Glad we tried it but prefer Silk Harvest found on other ships.

Enjoy your Q sine visit!

Edited by hcat

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. My husband and I want to do something different on our next cruise and Qsine sounds like fun, even though I understand it isn't gourmet quality food. Love all the pictures. I now know I have to try the meatballs, filet mignon and tacos. Not sure what else we will try. I am going to take your advice and at least ask for small portions but I will not feel bad if we don't eat anything. Celebrity should learn to modify portions if they do not want waste.