Dsc refund question

luvtheships

The funniest thing about this thread (and every DSF/DSC thread) is that it goes on for pages and pages of people explaining why their views are right and how foolish or shameful anyone who does differently is. Then in the end nothing changes.

If you want to tip, tip.

If you want to refund the DSF, refund it.

End of story.

The funniest thing about this thread (and every DSF/DSC thread) is that it goes on for pages and pages of people explaining why their views are right and how foolish or shameful anyone who does differently is. Then in the end nothing changes.

If you want to tip, tip.

If you want to refund the DSF, refund it.

End of story.

Ah, yes. But I do recall the thread where the OP totally reversed their opinion after the dialogue.

A lot of newbies and inexperienced cruisers come on here and it is important for opinions to be given. Yes, it gets old. But I cannot think of a topic that people are more passionate about. Well maybe soda and taking food back to their cabins. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by DMH15

Then why have people been denied their request because it was not based on a service issue and it was not brought to the attention of the cruise line while on the cruise so that it could be resolved.

Source? Sounds fabricated

I too am curious to read of this happening.

Rochelle

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I said it was another website. Not allowed to mention other websites, remember?

But as I said, they were denied and their credit card denied it too.

I'm not going to get in trouble with the mods because of you .... believe it or not, I don't make things up.

You're probably one of the ones in denial about a list, too. You are too funny.

Edited by mafig

I'm not going to get in trouble with the mods because of you .... believe it or not, I don't make things up.

You can mention other websites, just not travel agents or websites as advertising. As reference though, no problem and you won't be in any trouble. The whole claim just sounds far fetched and like someone, maybe not you, is pulling some chain.

NCL's third party database manager will keep email blasting out promo offers no matter what someone thinks or feels. That's the only list there is...

Source? Sounds fabricated

Totally fabricated. I have read that the room stewards will not service your room and the staff will shun you, that you won't be able to book again and now that they won't refund the DSC at all if they don't like your reason.

All fabrications perpetrated by NCL shareholders who want you pay the DSC. The very same people who scream that it is none of our concern how NCL pays staff seem to be conspicuously concerned with how other passengers handle the DSC.

People should do what they feel is right.

people should do what IS right and pay, right is right

Go back to the start of the thread where someone wanted to know if they got a receipt. That lead to all sorts of conspiracy about denials, blacklists, etc. It's just story telling. The OP didn't ask for preaching or scary stories.

Go back to the start of the thread where someone wanted to know if they got a receipt. That lead to all sorts of conspiracy about denials, blacklists, etc. It's just story telling. The OP didn't ask for preaching or scary stories.

was not responding to the op

I don't see how others foisting stories of blacklists is appropriate on this forum. Just scare tactics. Unless there is corroborative proof. Which there is not.

not sure why this is directed towards me, I never said anything about blacklists. Everything I have posted is factual and in response to someone else post

I do remember one poster on here, who was a TA, saying that their client had not received their refund for quite a long time and that NCL said they were researching it because there was no service issue on the request. I don't think the poster ever came back to tell us the outcome, so we don't know if the client got their money back or not.

Ah, yes. But I do recall the thread where the OP totally reversed their opinion after the dialogue.

A lot of newbies and inexperienced cruisers come on here and it is important for opinions to be given. Yes, it gets old. But I cannot think of a topic that people are more passionate about. Well maybe soda and taking food back to their cabins. :)

Or intentionally inhaling cancerous substances in public places. :eek:

So surprised by this coming up again and again.

It is simple to me. If you get good service on board, pay the DSC. If your service sucks horribly, then ask for a refund.

The form someone posted a month ago or so to request a refund said "We are sorry that you did not receive good service" on it. So asking for a refund is strictly for bad service received. So taking your money back or lying on the form that you received bad service when you really didn't is just unethical and a sign of bad character. IMHO.

people should do what IS right and pay, right is right

Thank you! If you do not like the tipping system currently used by the majority of cruise lines catering to the US market then feel free to book with other companies that have different policies in place.

It's just that simple and yes it is None of Our Business in regards to the employment & income/tips spread thru out the crew. Their contractual agreement with their employer is not our business either.