Question about the pride gangway

Jobugmom

We will be cruising in 37 days on the carnival pride, I was just wondering if anyone who recently cruised, did you board up the gangway in the atruim or on the lower level still? We are a group of 17people ranging in age from 5-70 and for some of the 1st time cruisers , we just thought the experience they would enjoy loading at the atruim. Thank you in advance.

Concur, just got off yesterday and they are still boarding via A Deck. After you get your sign and sail card, you'll get that checked in and then they will herd you thru a series of connected CONEX boxes. Then you cross the gangway in to A Deck. After that you'll have the choice to use the elevators or climb stairs. Sounds like you'll have a mix of both. Staggered boarding makes it a bit easier, but it's still tedious.

When you embark they funnel you through some CONEX boxes that look like this:

i-PGzc76d

You walk through these boxes for a bit.

i-KgJW9bk

Until you get to the door that leads you inside the skin of the ship on A Deck.

i-gzjwk35

Hope this helped!

Edited by swodog94

The boarding is much easier now. You are on a flat surface the whole way and don't have to pull your luggage up the steep back and forth. JMHO

Last time I was on that ramp, I thought I wasn't going to make it on the last turn. I was so winded, but nothing a good DOD couldn't cure.

We were on the October 9 Pride sailing (to Canada I might add...so quit complaining about Freeport folks...just kidding) and asked one of the port officials about the gangway. He said probably 10 months from the original accident for repairs. I believe that was in the Spring but someone correct me if I am wrong. The boarding was not as bad as I was expecting and once you are on board you quickly forget about it! Of course with 700 or more cancellations our entire boarding process went very quickly!

• 2 months later...

My experience is with the RCL sailings and I agree boarding from the pier is easier than the gangway - the gangway always seemed to get backed up boarding and on return. Gangway is possibly better if you're immediately heading to one of the upper decks (fewer decks/elevator stops). No info on repairs, I'd think the port would do it when one of the ships is out of town for a few weeks.

Not sure what that means.....

Sorry...... Going into the Pride from the "A" deck was different from going on from the gangway. If you are a person with high expectations, rich, needs to show off (HIGH ROLLER).....

I hope that clarify things for you and others.

Sorry...... Going into the Pride from the "A" deck was different from going on from the gangway. If you are a person with high expectations, rich, needs to show off (HIGH ROLLER).....

I hope that clarify things for you and others.

It explains it, my thought it was more of getting up to the cabins then the actual deck we boarded on. Last week, when we were on the Pride it was either going up the stairs or waiting on one of 4 elevators rather than the many options when boarding on 2. Not so much which floor our room was on (for me anyway).

Sent from my iPhone

• 1 month later...