What Class is Bulk Fare on BA ?

maggie.1008

I am using O`s air on upcoming cruise. We paid for the Prem. Econ. fare on British Air. No where on our paper work is there an actual air price or what category letter this bulk fare ticket is. Does anyone know what letter class this would be. For example J,D,W ect.

I can't answer your question but we were on BA Premium Economy courtesy of Oceania on July 18th and it was fine (LHR to EWR).

Not perfect, but fine. The seats were comfortable with plenty of leg room. The food wasn't the best we've ever had by far, but it was more than adequate. The entertainment selections were superior to our business flight from JFK to Barcelona on October 3rd.

Good luck on getting an answer to your REAL question!

Mura

I am using O`s air on upcoming cruise. We paid for the Prem. Econ. fare on British Air. No where on our paper work is there an actual air price or what category letter this bulk fare ticket is. Does anyone know what letter class this would be. For example J,D,W ect.

I assume there's a ticket number (many digits). Call BA and ask them what is the "class of service" for that ticket. The larger issue, at least for me, is that, regardless of the "letter" or class of service, you've probably forfeited any air-mile accumulation for BA and/or whatever air group to which it belongs.

Actually that's pretty much impossible to answer as O uses many different types of tickets and they do not provide any class like you are asking for. Sometimes it is a class that earns points on the airline and sometimes not. And have never been able to discern the actual price of the ticket. Good luck on your search but, unfortunately expect to come up blank.

I assume there's a ticket number (many digits). Call BA and ask them what is the "class of service" for that ticket. The larger issue, at least for me, is that, regardless of the "letter" or class of service, you've probably forfeited any air-mile accumulation for BA and/or whatever air group to which it belongs.

Please explain your thoughts about mile accumualation more fully....

Thank you Fam cruise that is the information I was looking for. I`m sure they are either E or T as W would be full fare ticket. I have been trying for the last week to try to upgrade to Business class with no luck. When you call BA you get someone in India . I have had no luck as they won`t even look at a res that was made through a travel agent. Plus they can`t see the price of the ticket. Tried my TA and the whole itinerary would have to be changed. I did not want the change of airlines and schedule. There are still Business class seats available for this Monday so maybe I will try to upgrade with cash at the LA counter. Anyone had luck with that ?

While you finally got the answer you wanted it is not the answer to your question. It only provides an answer to public purchased tickets and not your ticket

Now that you provided the reason for your question I'll tell you the chances to upgrade your ticket with o is slim to none and slim just left the bldg. sure you don't like the answer but almost all cruise airline tickets are non upgradable

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There are still Business class seats available for this Monday so maybe I will try to upgrade with cash at the LA counter. Anyone had luck with that ?

I am not sure about BA but I have upgraded with Air Canada when I do the online check in 24 hrs prior

They offer Bus class seats (if available ) for a fee even with O air

Worth checking out

If not worth asking at the special services desk for BA at the airport if anything is available in the front of the plane :D

All they can do is say no

enjoy the cruise

Thanks for all your replies. I was sure I could not upgrade on a bulk rate ticket. No harm in asking. We have been in Premium Econ. on BA before and it is still better than coach. I have enough miles on BA to upgrade so on my next trip I won`t take Oceania`s air. It was a great price .