Boarding tomorrow, my husband is going to be a no show!

Theodorable

When I check in tomorrow I am going to say that he will be checking in after me. Once we are underway I will let them know he won't be coming. I have prepaid gratuities, and chosen the ultimate beverage and dinner promos which I paid the 18% for.

I have also booked a couple of excursions of which I will cancel him out. Can you let me know what I should expect in the way of refund and also if it will show on my account as onboard credit.

I am heartbroken that he won't be sailing with me and totally accept that there is no refund on his cruise fare. Just wanted to get an idea of what I might expect to see back

Many thanks

Edited by Theodorable

Once we are underway I will let them know he won't be coming.
Well, at that point, they will have figured that out by themselves… I expect they will try to contact you before sailaway to try to figure out what's going on, and to offer assistance. That's probably the moment to come clean.

Sorry to hear about the cancellation. You should be able to get everything refunded other than the cruise fare, some as a refund after the cruise, some as OBC on board.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

I don't understand why you need to wait until you are onboard to tell them? Why cause issues with the boarding process and/or getting the ship away? Is there some reason you can't inform them whe you check in?

You can tell them when you check in...you are way past the "refund" period, so the room is paid for...no adjustments will be made or needed! You can cancel him off the excursions and restaurants, and it will be refunded as OBC.... If you are using the same credit card that you booked with, and don't use all the OBC, it will eventually go back to the credit card you booked your fare with.

When I check in tomorrow I am going to say that he will be checking in after me. Once we are underway I will let them know he won't be coming. I have prepaid gratuities, and chosen the ultimate beverage and dinner promos which I paid the 18% for.

I have also booked a couple of excursions of which I will cancel him out. Can you let me know what I should expect in the way of refund and also if it will show on my account as onboard credit.

I am heartbroken that he won't be sailing with me and totally accept that there is no refund on his cruise fare. Just wanted to get an idea of what I might expect to see back

Many thanks

What a shame he can't join you! :(. Life has a tendency to not always go according to plan I guess. Anyway, if it's any consolation, on the fare itself you would have paid the same sailing solo as you did as a couple. The only kind of refund you should expect is port charges, taxes etc. depending on the length and ports you can figure someplace between $300 to $500. Make sure when you get on board that besides visiting guest services that you get to the excursion desk ASAP. As long as you cancel him on the first day out you can be sure of getting all of that money back. I believe it's actually OK to cancel an excursion as long as you do it 48 hours before, but I'm not positive of that. You might also be entitled to his portion of the gratuities back, but again I won't swear to it.

Good luck, and try to enjoy your cruise anyway. There will be better days ahead!:)

You don't have to tell them that he'll be following you, just say he will be a no-show so that they can mark it. You'll get the port fees and, I believe, the prepaid daily service charge back but it probably won't be until after the cruise. If I remember correctly when this happened to me I believe the service charge showed up a s credit to my card about a week after the sailing. I'm pretty sure the port fees were returned as credit on the trip but it's been a few years so that may not be correct.

As for the 18% for the promos, I can't tell you for a fact on that. When I called customer service about a month ago when it was looking like my friend might cancel they said I would get them back for her but we all know that you should take anything CS tells you with a grain of salt until confirmed otherwise.

I will tell them when I check in that he will be a no show. Somehow i thought that until we were under way they could charge me the single fare. The cruise is for 14 days and I don't have a problem going on my own...but will miss him desperately. We have had this booked for over a year and it came town to the wire that he won't make it.

Thanks for the advice. I will cancel the excursions for him as soon as I get on.

Much appreciated

Many thanks

I can go in his place :D

You can substitute someone, but not the day before departure, I don't think. :(

My son was told you could substitute up to 48 hours before departure. This was about a year ago so that may have changed. It never hurts to call and ask. Sorry the OP has to travel alone.