Club Class beds question

Sandy R

You are aware that when the beds are configured as a queen that it is simply two twin mattresses pushed together? Can vouch for Emerald Princess having the new mattresses in a lowly obstructed oceanview cabin--and they can be set as twins.

So while technically no one will know for sure until the first Club Class Mini Suites are launched in December, the MA Mini Suites that the new M1 Club Class are replacing all have beds that can be configured either as one queen or two twins. No reason to assume this will change.

ETA: If you want to be sure (or as sure as you can be before launch) do a mock booking on the Princess website and when you get to the point where you select the bed configuration see if you can select 'twins'.

Edited by fishywood

Actually the lower bed frames come in 2 frames that can be separated. I want to know if the new upper mattresses will come in queen size and twin size. A mock booking won't tell me that. The Princess agent said their "must"be twin mattresses, too. That doesn't give me much confidence. I may have to wait until December to find out for sure.

Actually the lower bed frames come in 2 frames that can be separated. I want to know if the new upper mattresses will come in queen size and twin size. A mock booking won't tell me that. The Princess agent said their "must"be twin mattresses, too. That doesn't give me much confidence. I may have to wait until December to find out for sure.

They will always be twins convertible to queen. Even with the new luxury mattresses. Any cabin that is not like this would have a disclosure. Period. And the newer ships generally do not have interior structure issues that would limit you like the Grand.

Look at this video: http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/princess-luxury-bed/.

[YOUTUBE]At min. 1:31 you can see what looks like two beds together as a queen size bed. I feel it would be a big mistake for Princess not to allow for the twin configuration in Club Class cabins. This would limit their ability to sell the cabin to only those passengers that are couples. Other passengers, such as two sisters, brother & sister, friends that are cruising together would be shut out of the cabin. My bet is that they will separate. When or if you have booked just go to the cruise personlizer and select twin configuration.

No one outside of Princess will have first hand information until December when the first Club Class cabins appear.

Sorry, I think I haven't been clear enough... I know the queen mattresses will be the upgraded kind and that the beds will be able to be made into 2 twins. My concern is whether the twin mattresses will be the new upgraded mattresses. The Princess agent I spoke with went off-line for a few minutes to find out the answer but couldn't... only said twin mattresses "must" be the new kind.

Just returned from the Crown and my mini-suite twin mattress sagged in the middle. I'm not going to spend the extra $$ until I know if they'll have new twin mattresses, too.

Sorry, I think I haven't been clear enough... I know the queen mattresses will be the upgraded kind and that the beds will be able to be made into 2 twins. My concern is whether the twin mattresses will be the new upgraded mattresses.

There are no "queen mattresses"--only twin mattresses that are either made up together to form the equivalent of a queen-sized bed, or (as you prefer) made up separately to form two twin beds. Clear enough?

Just returned from the Crown and my mini-suite twin mattress sagged in the middle.

The Crown has not yet received the Princess Luxury Beds; you were most likely sleeping on an older one. The Rollout Schedule

is at the bottom of the link from the Princess website--and note the last line regarding Club Class an Full Suites receiving the new beds eariler if the Club Class rollout date precedes the full-ship Luxury Bed rollout

*The Princess Luxury Bed is now available on board Ruby Princess, Emerald Princess, Coral Princess and Sun Princess and will debut on board Grand Princess (Dec 2016), Caribbean Princess (Mar 2017), Pacific Princess (May 2017), Golden Princess (Oct 2017), Sea Princess and Star Princess (Nov 2017), Royal Princess (Feb 2018), Sapphire Princess (Mar 2018), Regal Princess (Apr 2018), Crown Princess (Apr 2018) and Island Princess (Apr 2018). Please note this schedule is subject to change.

Full Suite and Club Class guests receive priority rollout of The Princess Luxury Bed. See Club Class schedule for details.

Edited by fishywood

Exactly as Fishywood mentions. The extra $$ you mention for Club Class is mainly for the special dining, not the bedding. Bedding will eventually be changed on all ships, with Club Class cabins getting new bedding as each ship introduces the Club Class feature. We had the new bedding on the Emerald this past June. So the way I read it is that if you book Club Class you will have the new bedding. When you called Princess I think they confirmed this to you.