Movies in Getaway

TSM AND JP

The last tme i traveled on Princess, I was blown away by MUTS, but even more so by the movies you could see In your cabin. My husband and I like relaxing on sea days watching movies in our cabin. What is the movie selection like on NCL. Hope they offer

a good selection of new release movies.

Edited by TSM AND JP

They do have pay per view movies in your cabin tv, but they're expensive. There's a movie channel that plays movies on a loop, but there's really no guide telling you what's on when. They do have a movie under the stars every night in Spice H2O. They also play movies on the big screen in the Atrium and sometimes in the main theater during the day.

They do have pay per view movies in your cabin tv, but they're expensive. There's a movie channel that plays movies on a loop, but there's really no guide telling you what's on when. They do have a movie under the stars every night in Spice H2O. They also play movies on the big screen in the Atrium and sometimes in the main theater during the day.

Thank you for the info. That's disappointing that the movies are pay per view. Oh well, lots of other good things to do while on board. Looking forward to my cruise no matter what!

Would that include a mini suite?

No. There are about 50 movies on the new ships which have the PPV. Some of those would show free on one channel rotating but as someone said, they don't have a schedule so you don't know what will be on when.

Unfortunately, in-cabin television is a very poorly operated extra - when compared to other cruise lines.

I think they have 5 to 10 network tv episodes (not shows, episodes) which they will broadcast over and over and over throughout your week. I know they played the same episode of "Two Broke Girls" at almost he same tie EVERY day last year on the Breakaway!

No guide I could figure out, so catching the beginning of anything was pretty hit or miss.

I know they want us out and about, but some of us like TV while dressing for dinner or before sleep some nights instead of reading.

NCL does "catch up" on other lines' good ideas, so I can hope they'll catch up with in-cabin entertainment, too. It is the only part of our cruise I look back on that was REALLY disappointing.

Edited by fdpevey

When we were on Getaway a couple weeks ago the kids rotating movies were The Good Dinosaur and Hotel Transylvania 2, and some strange polar bear movie. The one free kids movie I recall was Angry Birds. I don't recall what the other free movies were, although I did catch part of Creed one day. However one channel has 24 hours of great shopping tips from Rita on how to by diamonds! :rolleyes:

Edited by packfanmn