Copenhagen Hotel booked by Princess

beannie

Hi! We had Princess book our hotel in Copenhagen. They are using the Scandic Copenhagen. In checking the hotel website, they have many different rooms. Has anyone stayed there through Princess and if so, what kind of room did you get? Also, your opinion on the hotel would be appreciated.

I didn't book the Princess pre-cruise hotel as I thought it was very expensive. Instead, I booked at the Hotel Bethel directly on Nyhavn. Great location just a few steps away from the boat tours, HOHO bus, pubs and restaurants. Charming hotel and much cheaper than booking Princess, including taxi from the airport and another to the pier. Price included a really nice breakfast. http://www.hotel-bethel.dk/

Edited by Pam in CA

I didn't book the Princess pre-cruise hotel as I thought it was very expensive.

A friend booked this hotel (Scandic Copenhagen) through Princess as a single last year and got an amazing rate. I was surprised at how affordable it was.

I stayed here in May having booked thru Princess. I spent three nights and thought rate was very reasonable, in fact it was actually cheaper than if I had booked on my own. Add in the cost of the included transfers and it was a pretty good deal. Room was pretty basic but all I needed. Breakfast buffet was very good and location was good. About a five minute walk down to Trivoli gardens and the Princess desk offered discount tickets.

Loved walking around Copenhagen and could have easily spend another day or two. I took a tour booked thru the hotel out into the countryside and to a couple of castles. Weather for my visit was perfect sunny skies and mid to upper 70-s temps. Be sure and take a canal tour.

Overall a very enjoyable stay and cruise

We had Princess book us into the Scandic for three nights before our Baltic cruise in June. We could have found cheaper hotels on our own which I read about here on CC but the convenience with the transfers and the end result were wonderful. When we got off the plane, a Princess rep was right there to send us and one other couple to our hotel by taxi. Our room had a full view of the gorgeous lake and we walked around the lake the very afternoon we arrived plus again each day that followed. One of our goals was Tivoli Gardens (it gets mixed reviews from people) and it was in easy walking distance of our hotel. We bought the Copenhagen Pass and used it three times at Tivoli, so we could enjoy the park during both daytime and evening hours, had a couple of fun meals there including a giant cone ice cream, and felt safe walking back to the hotel in the evening. Our room was fine in size--actually I can't remember much about it except that we liked it! The included breakfast buffet was wonderful--so many options and everything we tried was excellent--they kind of had two areas side by side so you could select from either. It was also handy having a Princess contact right there at the hotel for when we wanted advice. On cruise embarkation day, we had asked for and gotten the first transfer time meeting at 11:30 for 11:45 transport to the ship. We put our luggage outside our room before 8:00 as requested so that we could have breakfast and enjoy more time walking around the city--wow! Did we put in the miles during those three days! There were a lot of other Princess people there too using the transfer to the ship and everything went completely on schedule. I hope that I have given you a good picture of the Princess Scandic package. We were so glad that we made use of it in Copenhagen and the price was not harsh at all.

My wife and I stayed there in June pre-cruise but independently (was able to add the Princess transfers on-site which worked well for us). We were in what I believe they called a standard queen room and it was small - probably a little smaller than a Deluxe Balcony on Regal, definitely smaller than a Mini-suite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a rule of thumb I never book a hotel a cruise line uses as I do not wish to be checking out the same morning as a hotel full of other passengers going to the same ship. I find a hotel that suits my needs and the randomness of it makes it less congested than a hotel specifically booked out for all cruise passengers.

As a rule of thumb I never book a hotel a cruise line uses as I do not wish to be checking out the same morning as a hotel full of other passengers going to the same ship. I find a hotel that suits my needs and the randomness of it makes it less congested than a hotel specifically booked out for all cruise passengers.

I didn't know it was a hotel Princess used until we arrived. But it worked out well since once we booked the transfers on-site, we had bag pickup at the room and everything else. And there were no checkout issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In reading Trip Advisor, I found many complaints for this hotel. Small rooms,long wait times at the front desk, broken toilet seats, ac didn't work, etc etc. Also many glowing reports.

Which makes me really wonder. The price is ok it seems compared to others in Copenhagen. But I really never got a sense of what size room Princess will provide.

In reading Trip Advisor, I found many complaints for this hotel. Small rooms,long wait times at the front desk, broken toilet seats, ac didn't work, etc etc. Also many glowing reports.

Which makes me really wonder. The price is ok it seems compared to others in Copenhagen. But I really never got a sense of what size room Princess will provide.

Last year they offered 2 hotels - the other Radisson Blu or something. It was more expensive.

I have no clue what category room I was assigned but was OK with it. Size was not huge but adequate for me as a single. I was on the 3rd or 4th floor facing the lake so would have been almost over the main reception area. Under the windows which spanned the room width there was a shelf/desk with a chair to sit. I think bed was a queen with a small nightstand on either side, it was parallel to the desk. On the wall at the foot of the bed was a TV mounted on the wall and a small table underneath. Overall size of the main space was probably about 12 x 12. As I entered the room the open closet was on the right with a small safe like on the ship. On the left was the bathroom with a large shower. Past this was the main space with the bed.

Space was great for one, two would be OK I think with the main problem only one small chair to sit on besides the bed.

I had no issues with the front desk, and they had a large convention there also. My first night there were only 5-6 of us booked thru Princess, next night another 60+ arrived and the night before the cruise another 80 or so. The Princess rep and the hotel conceriege were helpful with maps and directions. Included transfer were easy as since I was an early arrival I had my choice and picked the first shuttle of the day.

Location was good with the lake across the street, about 2 blocks away were two supermarkets to buy snacks/drinks etc. Trivoli gardens was a short walk, and just past that was the main square with I believe city hall and the start of the main shopping street. Walking down this for about 10-15 minutes I arrived at one of the canal tour stops and really enjoyed that. The canal dropped me off at the old Nysham area and I made a large loop and walked back to the hotel. Very friendly scenic city and there was still I lot I would have liked to have visited. If you have the chance I really enjoyed my trip out into a couple of towns in the countryside with visits to the two big castles.

I usually book all my flights/ hotels independently but for this cruise it was actually a surprise that it was cheaper and I booked everything through Princess. You didn't ask but for the Baltic cruise I used SPB for tours in St Petersberg, Stockholm and another port I forget. I just walked around on my own in Oslo and Tallin (really loved this port)

A friend booked this hotel (Scandic Copenhagen) through Princess as a single last year and got an amazing rate. I was surprised at how affordable it was.
I wound up paying about $300 total for two nights at the Bethel (not per night.) That total includes taxi fares from the airport and another to the ship. This was two years ago. At the time, this was about half of what I'd pay for the Princess pre-cruise and I thought the Bethel's location was much better.

Super awesome replies! Thank you all so very much.

Pam, Bethel has no Room at the inn for us. And that's at the end of next August. I will keep the Princess reservation but will keep checking to see if something opens up at Bethel.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We stayed at the Scandic for 2 nights before our Baltic cruise in May [booked through Princess]. Our room was a good size -- clean and comfortable. The following picture from the hotel website is exactly what our room looked like [family standard plus room]:

https://www.scandichotels.com/hotels/denmark/copenhagen/scandic-copenhagen/rooms#roomcat-108791

It wasn't the Ritz but nicer than many "budget" hotels in the US. Loved the heated floor in the bathroom! The included breakfast was one of the best we've ever had --

The location was excellent -- we could walk everywhere. We had booked a free walking tour of Copenhagen for the afternoon of our arrival -- and we had no trouble checking in; getting some lunch at a nearby cafe, and walking to City Hall to meet up with the tour. Our flight arrived at 10:30 a.m. -- tour started at 2 pm. Our room was ready when we arrived. We even had time to watch some of the wedding parties coming out of City Hall.

The Princess desk in the lobby was open all day and their service was excellent. The hotel was full but we never had to wait for anything.

We stayed at the Scandic for 2 nights before our Baltic cruise in May [booked through Princess]. Our room was a good size -- clean and comfortable. The following picture from the hotel website is exactly what our room looked like [family standard plus room]:

https://www.scandichotels.com/hotels/denmark/copenhagen/scandic-copenhagen/rooms#roomcat-108791

It wasn't the Ritz but nicer than many "budget" hotels in the US. Loved the heated floor in the bathroom! The included breakfast was one of the best we've ever had --

The location was excellent -- we could walk everywhere. We had booked a free walking tour of Copenhagen for the afternoon of our arrival -- and we had no trouble checking in; getting some lunch at a nearby cafe, and walking to City Hall to meet up with the tour. Our flight arrived at 10:30 a.m. -- tour started at 2 pm. Our room was ready when we arrived. We even had time to watch some of the wedding parties coming out of City Hall.

The Princess desk in the lobby was open all day and their service was excellent. The hotel was full but we never had to wait for anything.

Thank you so much. Can I ask if it was just two of you?