wheelchairs

reider

does celebrity have wheelchairs that you can use to get on the boat and use if needed.i have shortness of breath.

Celebrity provides wheelchairs for anyone who needs assistance getting on the ship the first day, and also for getting off on the last day.

Just know in advance that it may require waiting a while to get one. Check to see if there is a wheelchair sign-up sheet when you arrive at the port.

If you need a wheelchair to use on board during the cruise, you are expected to provide your own.

If you do not already have your own wheelchair to bring along, you can contact their Access Department at 1-866-592-7225

or send an email to special_needs@celebrity.com

and they will provide you with contact information for the companies that rent wheelchairs and scooters to use on board.

Your wheelchair or scooter will already be in your cabin waiting for you when you board, and you just leave it there on the last day when you disembark.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Be sure if you rent a scooter you leave something identifiable on it while you go in to dinner or a show to avoid confusion & take a picture with it. My parents cruised with us for their 50th & my mother rented a scooter. On the *first night* it disappeared after our second seating dinner. Someone from first seating thought it was theirs & apparently the keys are often interchangeable even from different rental companies. What's more fascinating is that someone had taken his. It was a 3-way scooter mess, and although security had seen it happen before this was their first scooter triangle mystery. Luckily security had ours back by the next day. It's a funny story in retrospect but we were so perplexed at the time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would request use of a wheelchair which can be found on special needs wants etc . I have seen on many occasions passengers moving around the ship on Celebrity wheelchairs. Whilst staff will assist a wheelchair bound passenger getting on and off the ship they wont assist in moving said passenger around the ship in the wheelchair. If it is possible to walk on or off the ship that is preferred as it makes the crew's life so much easier.

The wheelchairs on the ship cannot merely be requested to use whilst onboard. These wheelchairs are for emergency use when required when someone is injured for example. They are also to be used for embarking and disembarking assistance. Wheelchairs can be rented from one of the recommended cruiseline companies that will deliver the wheelchair to your cabin and where you leave it at the end of the cruise.

I would request use of a wheelchair which can be found on special needs wants etc ..............

There's no way to get continuous use of an on board wheelchair. I guess you could always have an accident after embarkation, pay a small fortune to see the doctor and get his instruction for one of the very limited number to be issued. Cheaper to buy or hire one.