Has Coke Freestyle Machine been added?

Forgive me - but does anyone know if freestyle machines have been added to Independence of the seas?

Also will the tumblers be waiting in our room when we embark? We have the beverage package already purchased.

Last cruise was on Princess and they did not do that and was too much of a hassle to try and get one on embarkation day.

Thanks in Advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why do they even bother on ships that don't have the free style machines? It is easier to just get a class at the bar than to carry that mug around.

Well, when we were on Indy and had a cup, we loved it. Keeps drinks cooler longer and holds more than a little cup. Required fewer trips to the bar, at least that's what we thought.

To each his own, I guess.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Why do they even bother on ships that don't have the free style machines? It is easier to just get a class at the bar than to carry that mug around.

They had the tumblers long before the advent of the freestyle machines, but I totally agree. Even with the machines, they are such a pain to carry around. Much easier to go up to a bar and get a glass.

Agree. I see so many of them sitting out in the hall unopened the last day. Just put them as a coupon on the Seapass card and if you want one go to any bar and redeem your coupon for the tumbler, I'd bet they'd save quite a bit.

Thank you - do you think they'll retrofit all the ships in the fleet one day?

I like the variety from the Freestyle that I cannot get otherwise.

I think that's doubtful. Had they wanted to they could have added them to write a few ships during the last round of dry docks.

Originally, it was ships that were based in the U.S. year-round had them. Since then, I believe a few more were added on other ships, but don't quote me on that.

Since Indy spends quite a bit of time in UK that would make sense then as Freestyles are US only.

Didn't think of the logistics of getting the special cartridges for the flavors.

RCI should let people know which ships have the freestyle machines before people purchase packages. I would not buy a soda package for a ship that did not have them though I am sure others might buy either way. I would be pretty disappointed if I bought the package then boarded the ship to find there are no machines since when it comes to soda I only drink Coke Zero.

RCI should let people know which ships have the freestyle machines before people purchase packages. I would not buy a soda package for a ship that did not have them though I am sure others might buy either way. I would be pretty disappointed if I bought the package then boarded the ship to find there are no machines since when it comes to soda I only drink Coke Zero.

There is a RCI blog post but was from last year, as to which ones had them - I was hoping since I too drink Coke Zero and Sprite Zero and the diet ginger ales from the Freestyle

It might be easier, the last time I was on a ship that didn't have a Freestyle machine and I had the coke package, I had to hide my tumbler till the bartender took my order.

Since Indy spends quite a bit of time in UK that would make sense then as Freestyles are US only.

Didn't think of the logistics of getting the special cartridges for the flavors.

Every new ship the past few years has had them and they were in use while the ship summered in Europe. I'm not sure why Royal stopped adding these to the existing fleet.

Jewel has the machines and she was in the Med all summer.

Edited by BillOh

It might be easier, the last time I was on a ship that didn't have a Freestyle machine and I had the coke package, I had to hide my tumbler till the bartender took my order.

Why did you have to hide it? It's more fl oz than the glasses right?

Why did you have to hide it? It's more fl oz than the glasses right?

It was my perception and in fairness, I think it was a few years ago now, the bartenders would wait on you faster if they thought you were ordering a drink that would automatically give them a gratuity. I don't know how the current drink packages effect this in the bar tenders mind. I was ignored for several minutes while new people walked up when I had my tumbler in hard until i spoke up and said I was next.

I see... that sucks. We pay 18% on the packages so you would think some of it would trickle down.

I had the drink package on Princess and one bartender and one server got extra cash tips from us on the last night due to great service the whole time.

I see... that sucks. We pay 18% on the packages so you would think some of it would trickle down.

I had the drink package on Princess and one bartender and one server got extra cash tips from us on the last night due to great service the whole time.