Earliest Flight out of Orlando

wingnt68

We are sailing out of Port Canaveral. I will have priority disembarkation. What is the earliest (safe) flight departure time? I will have a private car service picking me up at the port. Is an 11 am flight too early?

For an 11:00 flight you need to be t MCO by 9:30 - 9:00 is better (TSA can be chaos at MCO). With an hour drive from PC to MCO you need to be off the ship, with bags, and clear of customs/immigration by 8:-8:30. Not impossible, but not easy.

Do you want to spend your cruise worried about making your flight home? I vote for less stress and a flight after noon.

We had an 11:30 flight last January and had no problem. Did not check luggage the night before, walked off ship as soon as cleared. Had a shuttle service that had set times leaving, ours was 8:00, and we left right on time. At the airport by 9, thru security, checked luggage and sitting in waiting area by 9:45. This was off the Freedom of the Seas. And no I did not worry at all on making this during our cruise.

Edited by loveJake

We did a 10:40am flight before and had lots of time to spare. Then on an other occasion, we didn't get to MCO until 12:30 and had to rush through security for a 1:30pm flight (disembarkation was delayed and then the taxi got a flat).

So, if everything goes smoothly, you can make a 10:30 flight. But things don't always go smoothly, so noon is a more realistic and safe suggestion.

Not a problem. With the priority disembarkation and a private car, you can be at the airport as early as 8:30 am. Travel time is 45 min (there is no traffic at that time). If your flight leaves at 11 am, as someone mentioned before, you have to arrive at 9:30 am. Unless something goes wrong you should have no problem at all.