mother daughter trip

Gymjenn14

i will be arriving on jan 2nd at FLL for a jan 3rd cruise from miami with my 11year old daugther. after some research i think we will take the local transportation (the light rail) from FLL to miami airport and then book an airport hotel for the night before the cruise. any recommendations for hotels under 200 for the night? a heated pool would be a plus along with some type of breakfast and maybe a shuttle to the port. also if we arrive to FLL around 10am and get our hotel by 1pm, would we be able to do some sort of night tour of the everglades with a hotel pick up? i saw some advertised on trip advisor and was thinking it would be neat to see something in south florida other than a hotel room

You're better off staying closer to FLL instead of travelling to the MIA airport area - nicer area and generally cheaper prices for comparable hotels. http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotel and tourist info.

From FLL area hotels you can use a shared shuttle (about $15 each) to get to POM, or use Uber for about $40

If I were traveling with my 11 year old daughter, I wouldn't do what you are planning. Some Miami airport hotels can be pretty cruddy. Altho choosing one in the Blue Lagoon are nicer chains. Too, you are far from anything to do with your daughter. My choice would be to spend the day and evening in Ft. Lauderdale and head by shared shuttle to POM in the morning.

OR choose a hotel downtown Miami nearby Bayside Mall where you can pick up a hop on hop off bus to tour the area or catch a boat tour of the area.

OR choose a hotel downtown Miami nearby Bayside Mall where you can pick up a hop on hop off bus to tour the area or catch a boat tour of the area.

An even better idea than my suggestion! Look at the Intercontinental or Doubletree or Holiday Inn. Uber from FLL to any of these hotels should be about $40

i will be arriving on jan 2nd at FLL for a jan 3rd cruise from miami with my 11year old daugther. after some research i think we will take the local transportation (the light rail) from FLL to miami airport and then book an airport hotel for the night before the cruise. any recommendations for hotels under 200 for the night? a heated pool would be a plus along with some type of breakfast and maybe a shuttle to the port. also if we arrive to FLL around 10am and get our hotel by 1pm, would we be able to do some sort of night tour of the everglades with a hotel pick up? i saw some advertised on trip advisor and was thinking it would be neat to see something in south florida other than a hotel room

This is would be a big no for me.

I would not take Tri Rail with my 11 year old daughter.

There is nothing to see in the Everglades at night as there are no lights in the Everglades.

Areas around the Miami airport are dangerous.

I would book a room in Coral Gables or downtown and then treat your daughter to afternoon tea at The Biltmore Hotel.

Stay in the FLL area or Miami. Downtown and the Mary Brickell area are both on Byscane Bay and a mile or so apart.The hotels in these areas run higher than the airport area. There are restaurants and shopping within walking distance. The Interconntinental downtown has rooms with a great view of the port. Skip the tri-rail its too much of a hassle hauling your luggage on a and off the train.Also not the safest way to go.Get a shuttle from FLL to Miami the moening of your cruise. If you use a shuttle make sure they pickup at the hotel you are staying at. The airport area is not the best but for the one night its tollorable. Cab from anywhere but the airport is metered. From downtown its around $12.00 , slightly higher from Mary Brickell. You would have to check with the hotels for shuttle service. A tour of Miami/Miami Beach by bus or boat sounds like a good way to enjoy a day.