RCI My Time Dining - first timer on this dining, questions!

Hi guys,

First time my time dining - is there anything specific to know?

Have you felt more rushed with my time dining as opposed to traditional dining?

Do you lose the sense of great service with my time dining, as your waiters can change?

If you have booked for the same time each night, will they give you the same table and waiters each night, or will it change night to night?

We have booked each night on the cruise personaliser as 6.15pm, and it shows on our cruise personaliser as a sitting from 6.15-8.15pm.

Do we need to arrive at 6.15pm on the dot or is there flexibility to arrive 6.30/6.45 for our reservation, as long as we are out by 8.15pm?

If we need to arrive 6.15pm on the dot, that's fine, just wanted to know.

Thank you!

Hi, hope this helps.

Have you felt more rushed with my time dining as opposed to traditional dining? No

Do you lose the sense of great service with my time dining, as your waiters can change? No, the wait staff are normally very good.

If you have booked for the same time each night, will they give you the same table and waiters each night, or will it change night to night?

You can request the same table and they will try oblige.

Do we need to arrive at 6.15pm on the dot or is there flexibility to arrive 6.30/6.45 for our reservation, as long as we are out by 8.15pm?

If you have booked for 6.15, it is polite to be there, if you are sharing the table with others.

If you are not sharing, you risk not get the same table.

Go well and have a ball.

Hi, hope this helps.

Have you felt more rushed with my time dining as opposed to traditional dining? No

Do you lose the sense of great service with my time dining, as your waiters can change? No, the wait staff are normally very good.

You can request the same table and they will try oblige.

If you have booked for 6.15, it is polite to be there, if you are sharing the table with others.

If you are not sharing, you risk not get the same table.

Go well and have a ball.

Thanks so much, I really appreciate your time!

When we booked my time dining on the cruise personaliser there was only 6.15pm or earlier or 7.30pm or later.

How easy is it to change to 6.30pm or 6.45pm when onboard?

Thank you!

Hi get in early and try your luck, if they can, they will.

We use My Time dinning a lot, but just turn up when it suits us.We just take what table going.

No problems to date!.

Regards

Hi get in early and try your luck, if they can, they will.

We use My Time dinning a lot, but just turn up when it suits us.We just take what table going.

No problems to date!.

Regards

Thanks for your help! As a group of 8, I've pre booked instead for each dinner as we wanted to ensure we would be able to sit together at a reasonable time when dining with a little one.

If it was just my partner and I, I'd be happy to turn up each night and be seated wherever.

Hi Folks

We also have prebooked our mytime dining slots most of them we have elected for 6:30 --7-00pm but I think we have a couple in the 7.00--7.15pm slots

I actually prefer about 8pm but MIL is much happier at an earlier time

So we shall see how we go next week :D

regards

John

Go straight to MDR when you board and attempt to change. But do NOT cancel your current reservation until then.

We could not manage to get anything earlier than 7.30 when we boarded, and I would think with a table of eight you will struggle even more.

In terms of being on time, please do try. There are often many people without reservations waiting to be seated and it's unreasonable to expect them to hold a large table vacant for any length of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have just completed a 14-night cruise on Voyager from Singapore to Sydney ... and My Time Dining was a complete shambles. Even though the cruise was booked and MTD confirmed 18 months ago, it never eventuated.

We ended up being allowed to arrive up to 45 minutes late every night for First Sitting in the dining room ... with lots of unpleasant stares from other diners. Not a nice experience.

The alternative was dinner which would have been completed just before bedtime or in the late afternoon.

And with tendering at three ports turning into a disaster with up to a four-and-a-half hour wait, this cruise is certainly one to forget.

Shame on you Royal Caribbean for the way you handled complaints from us and many, many other passengers. :mad:

We have just completed a 14-night cruise on Voyager from Singapore to Sydney ... and My Time Dining was a complete shambles. Even though the cruise was booked and MTD confirmed 18 months ago, it never eventuated.

We ended up being allowed to arrive up to 45 minutes late every night for First Sitting in the dining room ... with lots of unpleasant stares from other diners. Not a nice experience.

The alternative was dinner which would have been completed just before bedtime or in the late afternoon.

And with tendering at three ports turning into a disaster with up to a four-and-a-half hour wait, this cruise is certainly one to forget.

Shame on you Royal Caribbean for the way you handled complaints from us and many, many other passengers. :mad:

thanks for the info...we have 2 cruises with RCI paid for and now we are pretty scared! I had some queries already that have been ignored, my TA's also contacted her "RC rep", with no answers.

Due to your experience, we have switched from MTD to 6.30pm traditional dining. Last cruise, only 5.30 and 8.30 was avail and we had to take 8.30 as the TA booked it too late. I was starving by then!

Since MTD was introduced on RC, it is our preferred option & we have done 50+ nights of MTD & we found it worked fine.

We normally would dine late, 7:45 would be earliest we would want to eat dinner. We normally make a 'reservation' for 8pm, & go somewhere between 7:45 & 8:30 depending on our prior activity. Whether we go as a group, just the two of us for a table-for-two, or just join a table with open seats, we have always had no more than a few minutes wait. Normally we get the same waiters and a table in the same area.

Just like going to the Windjammer for lunch, commonsense is to avoid the peak times. Same for MTD. If it starts at 5:30, people starting dinner at 5:30 - 6:00, will likely be finishing around 7:00 - 7:30. Of course turning up at 6:45 - 7:00 will likely result in a wait, as the others are still there.

Love MTD :-)

Edited by mr walker

We did MTD on Explorer in January and thought it was great. I had booked our dining times early as we wanted a range of times, early 6.30 on sea days and later 7.30 on shore days. We were usually seated in the same area it was only a few times we were moved out of the area but the staff were still friendly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums