Price drop after 90 days

Natmom

Hello,

How quickly does the price drop after the 90 days mark? Does a drop usually happen immediately or does it take some time?

You are making an assumption that price drops occur, which is more often than not incorrect. price changes can occur at any time on any cruise. There is no rhyme or reason to it, but to assume that they are going to happen after the final payment date is incorrect as often as it is correct.

You are making an assumption that price drops occur, which is more often than not incorrect. price changes can occur at any time on any cruise. There is no rhyme or reason to it, but to assume that they are going to happen after the final payment date is incorrect as often as it is correct.

what zqvol said is not incorrect at all and 100% correct

Yup....the odds are no better than 50/50 and is worse in peak times. We usually block off time for vacation and I watch the available sailings during that week and settle on the best deal usually last minute. Some sailings fall and some increase and virtually sell out weeks before the cruise.

I believe it also depends on supply and demand. I've been watching my cruise for a while and did mock bookings and could easily see that there were very many cabins in all categories still available. So I knew there would be a price drop.

I waited and sure enough, there was a big drop. I upgraded us from Ocean View to balcony for only $80 more.

This was after final payment.