Carry on wine

canadian85

There are 4 of us travelling, but 2 are kids. I figure we paid full price for 3rd and 4th passengers so we should be able to bring 4 passengers worth of wine. I’m not going to try to hide it, and I would put all 4 in our carry on.

Has anyone done this without issues?

The rules say one bottle of wine or champagne per person OVER 21, not per paid fare.

You are free to take as many bottles as you want, but more than 2 is in direct violation of the rules, and you should be prepared to have the extras confiscated.

Bob

Thanks, I saw that in the rules. Is it 100% guarantee that they confiscate? I'm ok with the risk of losing them since wine is so cheap in the US, but if nobody has ever done this then I won’t bother.

Hubby walked on with 4 in Port C and no one said a thing - didn't ask how many adults traveling or anything. All 4 were in a wine bag in plain view. This most recent cruise out of NYC, using this same bag, as we were walking into the terminal, someone stopped him and inquired about his 4 bottles. We had 4 adults so on we and our wine went. Your mileage may vary.

PS - we have learned that we would rather have martini's pre-dinner, so while bringing on the wine is nice, we can drink it at home. No one however is in my kitchen at 530 when I get home making me a cucumber sunrise....

Edited by A&Jfamily

Yes, 100% they will confiscate them. But something tells me you probably already know this since you asked....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When it comes to CCL enforcing the rules I'm not sure that I'd say there is a 100% chance of anything.

Now that I'm thinking about this.. Can I carry on all my luggage? Or do you have to put checked bags elsewhere like at the airport?

Checked bags get left with the porter at the pier and any bags you have to carry on need to be able to fit into a standard carry on sized x-ray machine.

Oh makes sense now. I didn't remember that I can't carry larger luggage on board.

Carry on size is really not important. If you can carry it and it will fit in the scanners, you are good to go. The scanners are really only limited to 16 inches high x 24 inches wide, laying flat (40.64cm x 60.96cm). That could be a very large suitcase.

Didn't they use to let you bring extra bottles but charge you $15.00 to bring them? I know the one bottle per person will be charged $15.00 if you take it to the restaurant. I read the liquor and beverage policy and they no longer have the extra bottles for a charge. Maybe I am thinking of other cruise lines.

Candi