Future cruise certificate question

pugsammy

I will be buying a couple certificates on my upcoming cruise...my question is when I purchase these, will they be billed to my shipboard account or can I pay for them with a different credit card? I would like to use a different credit card and then have the OBC post to my shipboard account.

Thanks!

I will be buying a couple certificates on my upcoming cruise...my question is when I purchase these, will they be billed to my shipboard account or can I pay for them with a different credit card? I would like to use a different credit card and then have the OBC post to my shipboard account.

Thanks!

Not sure if you can put them on a separate card but I think so. The OBC comes off the purchase of the certificates though. No need to spend anything else onboard.

I'm going on my first NCL cruise next year. When you buy the Future Cruise Certificates, is there an expiry date to use them? Thanks.

I've never purchased them (yet) but I've read on here and I think NCL website that they are good for 4 years.

IF you charge them to your onboard account, the credit is put on your onboard account and you basically use it to pay for the certificates,,,, so you get 50% off a purchase of 2 or more.

IF you arrange for alternate payment, you pay 100% of the cost of the certificates. The credit will be placed on your onboard account,,,, and you have to find a way to spend it.

Place a $250 deposit on a future cruise and you'll have 4 years to decide where to go.

CRUISENEXT:

$1000 (4 Deposits) $500 Onboard Credit

$750 (3 Deposits) $375 Onboard Credit

$500 (2 Deposits) $250 Onboard Credit

$250 (1 Deposit) $100 Onboard Credit

Edited by BirdTravels

Buy NCL gift cards prior to sailing with the credit card you want to use to purchase the future cruise certificates. Apply the gift cards to your NCL account once on board.

Thank you but I'm sailing in two weeks. If I buy on board credit will I be able to use it for future cruise certificate purchases?

thanks!

• 5 months later...
I'm going on my first NCL cruise next year. When you buy the Future Cruise Certificates, is there an expiry date to use them? Thanks.

OK read the fine print - the future cruise next certificates are good for 4 years. -BUT- (****)

Cavet you must be on board cruising before the expiry date - but what's to worry about at this point in time -

having a tough time figuring out what and how to use the darn things. In 4 years time NCL will have

modified and changed the program probably into obsolescence with another program all designed to let

NCL have FREE use of your money.

LINK to the Cruise Next Program:

https://www.ncl.com/cruisenext

NOTE LINE 7:

7. All CruiseNext Deposits are valid for new reservations made within 4 years from the date of purchase, and become null and void after expiration. Failure to redeem and sail within 4 years will result in forfeiture CruiseNext Deposit.