Divina - Live Report - 5th November Eastern Caribbean

marcoigna

Good day all –

This will be an attempt on a “Live” report aboard the MSC Divina – sailing the 5th of November on a 7 night Eastern Caribbean Cruise. Ports of call on this sailing are no different than the normal 7 night cruise, sailing to Nassau, St. Maarten and San Juan. I have to admit that I am looking forward to the late hours in St. Maarten as well as the 15 hours in San Juan. As for Nassau, we most likely will not even get off the ship. We are sailing in a YC1 cabin this sailing.

A little background

This is not our first time aboard the Divina – we had the privilege on sailing on her for 21 nights total on a repositioning cruise from Miami to Sao Paulo, Brazil back in May of 2014. On this sailing we were able to scoop the Sophia Loren Suite, which was very nice to have the space on this long sailing, however, I don’t even think we used the balcony more than 3 or 4 times, as you 100% could not open the door when the ship was in motion - and when docked, it just was not appealing, but the cabin itself was very nice. I am actually looking forward to a normal Yacht Club cabin, as I think it will be wonderful for this 7 night sailing.

We sailed last year on the RCI Independence of the Seas in an Owners Suite – we disembarked and just did not have any wow factor and thought we were just board with cruising, but I must say I am very much looking forward on sailing the Divina again.

We have pre-purchased the 18 drink coupons to use at the bars in the non-Yacht Club areas – (although I see this is going to change sometime in the late spring / early summer of next year). We have also purchased the full internet package as well.

Just to begin, the review really will not be about the ports of call, as we really don’t care where we sail, as we have done the Caribbean many times – we now sail for the ship and the cabin category we are able to obtain. If I had my choice, I honestly would not even disembark the ship the entire week.

I will try to answer any questions you may have onboard. But for now, time to finish packing…

Ignacio and Marco,

We will be joining you and are looking forward to meeting you both. Safe travels to Miami. We are dealing with an erupting volcano and rainy season landslides right now and just hoping we make it to the airport on Friday morning and flights are not cancelled. Part of the price you pay for living in paradise..HAHA.

Hope to see you soon.

We will be sailing on November 5th as well. Looking forward top getting away. We are on deck 10 with balcony. Waited for the offer to upgrade to the YC but the offer never came. Probably better given that when we have sailed in either bow or stern located cabin in the past, we really did not like them, but the YC experience would have been nice. Going to have a good time anyway!

To all that are sailing with us - feel free to hijack this thread anytime - with anything you would like to share - no problem at all

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have a dear friend sailing in the YC on this sailing. First time without her husband who passed away in May. We all love MSC and especially the YC. So if you notice a lady with grey hair sitting alone, her name is Nancy. She is celebrating her birthday with this cruise. Feel free to introduce yourself and mention Mary Ann suggested you do so.

Look forward to your live reporting.

Thanks for letting us hijack :)

Packed (finally) and ready to leave this morning for Buffalo for an evening flight to Miami. Looking forward to seeing everyone on board.

Safe journeys to all, wherever you are coming from.

Edited by Mattnvick

So, our journey begins early this morning on a non-stop flight from Toronto to Miami - we normally travel on a dedicated Air Canada flight, but now Air Canada has replaced all their florida routes with Air Canada Rouge flights - we travel in business class, but on Rouge it is known as Premium Rouge - so far - there is no difference on this A320 aircraft -

IMG_6893.jpg.91a28a0b7c0a33b0518e9613da4c78fd.jpg

Business Class Check in:

IMG_6895.jpg.80808b5af51087c91f12d0de29726540.jpg

Lounge Access

IMG_6896.jpg.5f2cd9ab17a0469079da61afbfa27d77.jpg

Business Class Seating

IMG_6898.jpg.ce906f8a3f2562cb80c25f7af8cf14e1.jpg

IPAD to use on the flight - complimentary

IMG_6909.jpg.d3b4d4cfee205b01c0090823f9678bf9.jpg

Breakfast Menu

Next Stop - Miami - Marriott Biscayne Bay Hotel

Edited by marcoigna

Would you please note if they play movies by the pool on your sailing? Also, where the ping pong tables are located? I can't wait to read your review!

Kim

They played movies by the pool when we were on this past July. And, the ping pong tables were above the indoor pool. We are bringing our own paddles when we go on in May. Not sure how much we will play, it was really hot in there.

We'll be joining you on board as well! We're flying out of Philadelphia at 4, my sister is flying out of Denver today and my parents are driving down from Jacksonville.

I'm super excited for this route because I've wanted to do the Eastern Caribbean for awhile. I was heartbroken to hear that the last 747 flew into Maho Beach last week since that was a big part of this trip to me. But I'm still excited for the plane spotting and other stops.

They played movies by the pool when we were on this past July. And, the ping pong tables were above the indoor pool. We are bringing our own paddles when we go on in May. Not sure how much we will play, it was really hot in there.

Did they leave the lounge chairs out for you to use during the movie? I read somewhere that they put them all away? It didn't make sense to me, so just checking.

I would be interested in which moving are playing.

Thanks. Kim

Would you please take pictures of the current dinner menus? We are looking at a June 17, 2017 cruise. Like to makes sure that there is something for all three generations to eat in our family group.

Also are you allowed to bring soda/pop on board?

Thank you and hope you have good weather.

We'll be joining you on board as well! We're flying out of Philadelphia at 4, my sister is flying out of Denver today and my parents are driving down from Jacksonville.

I'm super excited for this route because I've wanted to do the Eastern Caribbean for awhile. I was heartbroken to hear that the last 747 flew into Maho Beach last week since that was a big part of this trip to me. But I'm still excited for the plane spotting and other stops.

We were lucky enough last meMayo actually see the KLM 747 take off from Mahobeach. There's a bar that's right next-door to the beach and you can rent two chairs and umbrella for around $20. It's always a great day but just concerned going a little later in the day you might not get the umbrellas and the chairs.

Would you please take pictures of the current dinner menus? We are looking at a June 17, 2017 cruise. Like to makes sure that there is something for all three generations to eat in our family group.

Also are you allowed to bring soda/pop on board?

Thank you and hope you have good weather.

If I take pictures of the dinner menu or it will only be at the from Le Muse dining room it will not be from the main dining room.

If I take pictures of the dinner menu or it will only be at the from Le Muse dining room it will not be from the main dining room.

I'd be happy to see the Le Muse menus. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will be sailing on November 5th as well. Looking forward top getting away. We are on deck 10 with balcony. Waited for the offer to upgrade to the YC but the offer never came. Probably better given that when we have sailed in either bow or stern located cabin in the past, we really did not like them, but the YC experience would have been nice. Going to have a good time anyway!

Where on deck 10? We have 10152 and our friends have 10150 in feb. Would love to hear what you think of the location.

good day all - still Friday November 4th

Arrived slightly late due to a seal on the cargo hold door of the flight - but arrived safely 1hour delayed -

After baggage claim, took taxi direct to the Marriott Biscayne Bay Hotel - on a meter system and turned out to be 28.40 -

We were given a fantastic room of the 12th Floor overlooking the Cruise Ships in the port of Miami - very nice...

The hotel is fantastic for a 1 or 2 night pre or post cruise stay - great location - we took the complimentary trolley bus that operates just across street from hotel and went to Bayside Market Place - full of shops and restaurants on the water front - for the enthusiastic person, we did walk back to the hotel - about a 30 minute walk - easy and no hassle.

There is a Publix grocery store for all your needs including liquor and wine just a 5 minute walk away - very convenient

The only part that i was disappointed in with the hotel, was when we were checking in, i asked where the pool was - then i got the bomb shell - "the pool is closed for repair" - trust me, i just go with the flow, still went down to the deck and suntanned for a while, but with no pool - they did offer to go next door to the Double Tree to use their pool, but if i wanted to do that, i should have stayed there - this being said, i still think it should have been advised to us prior to arrival, and not a check-in, that the pool was closed...but again, we just go with the flow....

IMG_6963.jpg.fa2773efbe419ed3079e09d83767d97e.jpg

Marriott Biscayne Bay Hotel

IMG_6915.jpg.bea281b266094e892314d261193ebccb.jpg

View from our Room 12th Floor Marriott Biscayne Bay

IMG_6947.jpg.2e74cff1f4b735c1e9dd22aac7295fc9.jpg

Bayside

IMG_6926.jpg.f02a9bf0cb6c8211d8ee5941e9ba1494.jpg

Just a Pic

IMG_6948.jpg.58e5b64953360bdc889fec5d62d5e0ac.jpg

Dinner at Bayside overlooking Water and Port

Tomorrow - Boarding the Divina

Glad you guys made it there safely and are enjoying the sunshine! I'm looking to book my pre-cruise hotel now and was between the Marriott and the Hampton Inn Suites-Brickell, but that balcony view may have just sealed the deal!!

Sorry about the pool, that's typically something I also look forward, especially when starting a vacation. I'm glad you made the best of it!

Bon voyage! Can't wait to hear more! I'll be in the YC in February. Until then, I must live vicariously through these lovely reviews!! Have fun today, gentlemen!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk