Question re: Delay on first Carib cruise following TA

Scrappygrrl

Hi all -

We are on the Nov 9 Koningsdam. I knew when we booked there would be a delay in boarding for necessary inspections, etc. We were told 2 pm instead of 1pm boarding. Now they have pushed boarding back further, with that staggered boarding will begin at 3pm, with various decks boarding in 30 min increments. So now I have a lot of time to kill with kids in tow.

Questions:

1) Will the terminal still open at 11 am?

2) Can we drop off luggage leave and come back?

3) We are considering "killing time" by taking our time getting luggage, grab a coffee at Starbucks, change kids into shorts etc. Then go have a nice big breakfast somewhere. Considering eating in a restaurant at a large hotel like the Hyatt Pier 66, so that we can wait in relative comfort in their lobby after eating. Thoughts? Other options I haven't thought of?

Note: I have looked into a day room, hubby said no. Thinks it's a waste of money and that boarding may begin earlier than 3 so we should just go to the terminal and wait.

Thanks, Alberta Quilter. I will post there as well.

RocketMan275 - Or flight lands at 8:30, we will have been up since 3 am or so. I am wondering if we eat go out to breakfast and then head to port at 11, if they will let us in?

Thanks!

A

Edited by Scrappygrrl

You could go to Embassy Suites on 17th Street and check your luggage with the bellman. They have a huge banquet room set up for this.

Then walk over to the Total Wine and pick up your wine.. then get on the Sun Troll and ride ( for free or cheap )! They pick up in front of that strip mall. You can check out their website and look at the routes and what attractions are on them. One place you may want to check out is Los Olas.

Then get dropped back off at the mall, walk to Embassy Suites, get your luggage from bell services, call for a XL Uber, and head to port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by IndyDenise

Our last CCL cruise was out of Charleston SC - the first cruise after dry dock.

US Customs required ALL employees to disembark and do passport check-in with them anew. The result was we were late boarding and sailed at least 2 hours late.

You could go to Embassy Suites on 17th Street and check your luggage with the bellman. They have a huge banquet room set up for this.

Then walk over to the Total Wine and pick up your wine.. then get on the Sun Troll and ride ( for free or cheap )! They pick up in front of that strip mall. You can check out their website and look at the routes and what attractions are on them. One place you may want to check out is Los Olas.

Then get dropped back off at the mall, walk to Embassy Suites, get your luggage from bell services, call for a XL Uber, and head to port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks! This is excellent advice. I did not realize that the Embassy Suites would hold luggage for non-guests!