Eurodam Lincoln Center Stage remodel

Cyclone99

I'm on the Eurodam as it arrives in Barcelona on Friday. The ship goes on to Ft Lauderdale. At a Q&A session with the Lincoln Center Stage musicians just now, the cruise director said a decision came down today that the venue would be closed for remodeling during the crossing. The cruise director said the success and large attendance of the program led to the remodel. The bar at the other of the venue is being removed and the stage is being moved there. Another 50 seats are being added, and a partial wall is being built to help with noise from those passing by. Some large load bearing pillers partiality block the view currently, and those will be less of an issue after the remodel.

It was a big disappointment to those passengers continuing on to Florida. The musicians will be remaining onboard, but Lincoln Center does not allow them to play at any other venue on the ship.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

I'm on the Eurodam as it arrives in Barcelona on Friday. The ship goes on to Ft Lauderdale. At a Q&A session with the Lincoln Center Stage musicians just now, the cruise director said a decision came down today that the venue would be closed for remodeling during the crossing. The cruise director said the success and large attendance of the program led to the remodel. The bar at the other of the venue is being removed and the stage is being moved there. Another 50 seats are being added, and a partial wall is being built to help with noise from those passing by. Some large load bearing pillers partiality block the view currently, and those will be less of an issue after the remodel.

It was a big disappointment to those passengers continuing on to Florida. The musicians will be remaining onboard, but Lincoln Center does not allow them to play at any other venue on the ship.

(bold is mine) It's good that they're improving the space, but not letting the musicians play elsewhere is taking branding too far.

(bold is mine) It's good that they're improving the space, but not letting the musicians play elsewhere is taking branding too far.

The TA passengers certainly agree with you and some of them indicated that they would be voicing their displeasure to HAL.

The musicians do perform as half of the orchestra on the main stage for the Frozen Earth video show on the night they have that. They said they were going to try and explore any other possibilities to play.

Not surprised HAL is doing a modification of the Lincoln Center venue. We were on the Eurodam in February, shortly after its retrofit. The Lincoln Center venue was packed for each performance. Most disturbing was the people standing in the passageway. I wrote not only in my cruise survey, but also numerous times here on CC forums about the safety issue of the crowding in the passageway.

Too bad for the current cruisers. Not only is there no Lincoln Center performances, they also have to content with a construction site. I have never heard of major construction going on during a cruise.

We will be back on the Eurodam in April, so looking forward to seeing the changes.