Mytime Dining waitlist?

mandymac

My Time Dining? A complete shambles on our recent RCI cruise.

We booked MTD 18 months ago for Voyager's recent Singapore to Sydney repositioner ... and reconfirmed about three months before departure. Everything's fine, we were assured.

But it failed to eventuate after boarding ... unless we agreed to have dinner in the late evening (it would have been completed just before bedtime) or at 5.30 in the afternoon.

To compensate, we were allowed to enter the main dining room's first sitting up to 45 minutes late each evening ... with the accompanying frowns and stares of disapproval from other diners.

A very unpleasant experience!

Our other complaint involved tendering at three ports, where waiting time stretched for up to four-and-a-half hours.

There was almost a mutiny on board as hundreds of angry cruisers protested.

Our complaints were met, in my opinion, with utter contempt ... with the captain refusing to speak to guests when approached.

Shame on you Royal Caribbean. :mad::mad::mad:

A year in advance I wanted late TD but only 5pm and my time was available. I didn't want to pre paid gratuities so I choose 5pm. 7 months before sailing 8pm TD was open and I made the change. I assume the same is common with MTD

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A year in advance I wanted late TD but only 5pm and my time was available. I didn't want to pre paid gratuities so I choose 5pm. 7 months before sailing 8pm TD was open and I made the change. I assume the same is common with MTD

In case others might not know, MTD no longer requires prepaid gratuities.

Edited by clarea

Hi is it normal to have to go on a waitlist for mytime dining on a cruise that isnt for another eight months please? :confused:
We just booked a cruise for Oct. 2017 and were put on a wait list for MTD. I was really surprised.

Our experience has been that if you want to book a specific time with MTD, those times become available about 4-6 months from departure. We've always received an email when booking is available.

Our experience has been that if you want to book a specific time with MTD, those times become available about 4-6 months from departure. We've always received an email when booking is available.

It's always amazing to me that, after 21 RCI cruises over the last 15 years, the system is still as inconsistent as it is. My experience has been the exact opposite of yours. You are lucky- I have NEVER received an email prior to sailing to book the MTD times.

Our experiences with MTD have been so bad that we now just do the specialty restaurants or the Windjammer.

Which is probably how RCI likes it, btw.

Booked two cruises for Dec 2017 and Jan 2018. Both had early dining unavailable but 8:30 was available. My friend/TA was unableto get me waitlisted for early dining. He was going to call them but is leaving for a cruise today.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by erby2283

It's always amazing to me that, after 21 RCI cruises over the last 15 years, the system is still as inconsistent as it is. My experience has been the exact opposite of yours. You are lucky- I have NEVER received an email prior to sailing to book the MTD times.

Our experiences with MTD have been so bad that we now just do the specialty restaurants or the Windjammer.

Which is probably how RCI likes it, btw.

That is strange. :eek: We have a b2b2b on Serenade in December/January and I was able to book on July 24 for all 3 cruises. Got an email on 10/27 that booking was opened for all dining venues. For our Allure cruises in April of 2017, I booked our MTD on August 11. Royal is certainly being Consistently Inconsistent!!

Edited by cruisenfever

That is strange. :eek: We have a b2b2b on Serenade in December/January and I was able to book on July 24 for all 3 cruises. Got an email on 10/27 that booking was opened for all dining venues. For our Allure cruises in April of 2017, I booked our MTD on August 11. Royal is certainly being Consistently Inconsistent!!

Typical RCI, NO?

Been on 2 cruises both this year (Enchantment and Oasis). We had MTD for both.

Enchantment - didn't book a time until we were on the ship, then booked the same time each night as we were leaving. Never an issue. Same table and servers each night.

Oasis - Put on the waiting list, then eventually added to MTD. Never got an email letting us know that though from what I recall. However, it was clear when in the cruise planner and on the SeaPass card. Booked the first night through the Cruise Planner for 6:30 and the rest again, booked after dinner each night. Sometimes we only had a couple choices for times (very early or late), but never a big issue. We ended up eating between 7:30 and 8:30 each night. Same servers every night, with a different table a couple nights.

We were on Liberty last week. Our dining experience was a fiasco. Had no problem booking 6:15 time before cruise and once on ship confirmed same. After that it all went down hill so to speak. Once arriving at dining room was told there were no tables available, given a beeper, had to wait 50 minutes before it finally beeped. The waiters did not know what they were doing, I don't know what it was, too many tables, whatever.

Next day went to MTD desk to inquire. Seems everyone first night showed up at 5:00, without reservations and they were seated. I asked are we going to get a beeper every night? Was told no, you have a confirmed table, no need to check in anymore during the cruise. Next two nights went according to plan, Wednesday night go to table and there are two people seated there, we were totally on time too.

Not wowed!

My Time Dining? A complete shambles on our recent RCI cruise.

We booked MTD 18 months ago for Voyager's recent Singapore to Sydney repositioner ... and reconfirmed about three months before departure. Everything's fine, we were assured.

But it failed to eventuate after boarding ... unless we agreed to have dinner in the late evening (it would have been completed just before bedtime) or at 5.30 in the afternoon.

To compensate, we were allowed to enter the main dining room's first sitting up to 45 minutes late each evening ... with the accompanying frowns and stares of disapproval from other diners.

A very unpleasant experience!

Our other complaint involved tendering at three ports, where waiting time stretched for up to four-and-a-half hours.

There was almost a mutiny on board as hundreds of angry cruisers protested.

Our complaints were met, in my opinion, with utter contempt ... with the captain refusing to speak to guests when approached.

Shame on you Royal Caribbean. :mad::mad::mad:

How strange I was on this cruise as well and never had a problem with my time dining and we never had a table booked?

Also saw no mutiny there was a small problem the first tender port of Port Douglas getting back to the ship in a queue but this was explained over the tannoy by the captain, the other two days never saw a problem, we got up and collected tickets and where on the first tender each day? I did witness a gentleman being quite rude to the captain at his captains corner talk, where the captain apologised again and explained the problems they had encountered but this gentlemen would not let up the moaning! The captain seemed a very nice man and very approachable. The rest of the audience at the captains talk actually groaned when this gentleman kept on about the tenders and asked him to get over it, after all I knew from when I booked in March that we would tender at three ports.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanx everyone for all your responses it's fare to say that everyones experiences are different, will just have to keep our fingers crossed, we had late dining on our cruise on the harmony of the seas there and found that it was difficult to fit in shows ect so we are hoping just to go with the flow this time and just eat when we want.

Thanx again x

Hey All

We are new to the RCCL and will be jumping onboard the EOSeas in 2017

Initially our MTD had waiting list, then it fell off from our invoicing altogether until I called up and inquired what the issue was

Since we are a large family I don't want problems hence I try and plan ahead and with only 1 payment left I don't want hassles

After the phone call to RCCL the person on the phone first said no there is no MTD booked, but after I told them to look at my original invoice said doubled back and said oh yes we are booked

TBH I do not feel confident at all and as we have no experience of knowledge of the process this thread has not given my any more confidence :confused:

I will call them once I've made that final payment and confirm what the hell is going on:eek:

PEACE

Kosti

Edited by Kostiz