Complimentary dining rooms on escape

Natmom

Taste and Savor are EXACTLY the same. They are across from each other. The Manhattan room is a more fancey version of the other two. It features a dance floor and a live band. All three have the same menu all cruise long.

The Haven main dining room is exclusive to HAVEN GUESTS only. It has a diferent menu then the main dining rooms.

Same menu each night in all 3... Taste & Savor are basically mirror images of each other except for color scheme... Manhattan Room is much larger, and has a dance floor, and usually takes longer to dine than the other 2...

We just got off the Escape yesterday and LOVED Manhattan! Taste and Savor were fine, but the live entertainment in Manhattan was great! The food was just as delicious as the specialty restaurants too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just got off the Escape yesterday and LOVED Manhattan! Taste and Savor were fine, but the live entertainment in Manhattan was great! The food was just as delicious as the specialty restaurants too.

Great! How were most people dressed in the Manhattan room?

Fairly casual. Some were a bit more dressed up, but women mostly had summery dresses on. Men mostly in jeans/khaki shorts and polos.

I think you could get away with being as dressed up as you like or pretty casual.

Even shorts are permitted in Manhattan Room, although you won't see many. This is my favorite dining room on the ship, and the reason I won't waste money on specialty dining packages any more. It has great ambiance, excellent entertainment, views all around, and the MDR food has gotten really good since NCL's new initiatives to improve quality.

Even shorts are permitted in Manhattan Room, although you won't see many. This is my favorite dining room on the ship, and the reason I won't waste money on specialty dining packages any more. It has great ambiance, excellent entertainment, views all around, and the MDR food has gotten really good since NCL's new initiatives to improve quality.

Is there a "formal" night and how do most people dress for it?

Is there a "formal" night and how do most people dress for it?

There are no formal nights on NCL ships. The Escape has a night called Norwegians Night Out when people can dress up or not. Most people dress the same as any other night, but there will be a handful dressed up. If you weren't looking for it you wouldn't notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We had six couples, one with hearing issues. We left Manhattan Room shortly after being seated because the music was too loud for conversation and hurt the ears of the one. I would have loved to dine there. But it made sense for us to find a quieter restaurant with the same menu. Just offering a different view.

We had six couples, one with hearing issues. We left Manhattan Room shortly after being seated because the music was too loud for conversation and hurt the ears of the one. I would have loved to dine there. But it made sense for us to find a quieter restaurant with the same menu. Just offering a different view.

We have found it can be very loud when seated near the band, especially near the speakers. We have been seated way towards the back when we actually asked to be moved near the stage/dance floor because we couldn't hear the music enough. We thought it was too quiet way back there, and you can't see. It varies.

There is actually an additional complimentary dinner location, The Supper Club. There was a complimentary dinner show here that I didn't discover until I was onboard. It is a dressier atmosphere as it mimics a night out on the town experience. I attended both a complimentary and extra charge dinner in this location. I shorts and a nice top wouldn't have been the right choice for those shows.

The venue is also used for a family entertainment show later in the evening, no meal so come as you are is fine for those. In August there was a fun juggling comic that I'd recommend for kids and adults alike, just clean fun.

Natmom, thanks for posting this. I too am interested in this. I am new to NCL, but not to cruising, and have never been to a pay extra restaurant on a ship. Not saying I never would, and for my upcoming Escape cruise, will definitely be going to Food Republic, as those prices are reasonable, but I am interested in the main dining rooms mostly, as that is where I will most likely be dining much of the time:)

Natmom, thanks for posting this. I too am interested in this. I am new to NCL, but not to cruising, and have never been to a pay extra restaurant on a ship. Not saying I never would, and for my upcoming Escape cruise, will definitely be going to Food Republic, as those prices are reasonable, but I am interested in the main dining rooms mostly, as that is where I will most likely be dining much of the time:)

Im new to NCL as well and trying to figure out how all this works.