Once a day room cleaning trial.

Hotdog 52

The main problem with once a day is we like dry towels after a shower and usually will take more than one a day. Even if a person slept in late wouldn't they be staying up very late, when I mean very late, I mean after 3 or 4? and that could create the need for more than one shower. Now, if they would let us have access to the towels and ice on the same floor, once a day for room service could work for a lot.

The main problem with once a day is we like dry towels after a shower and usually will take more than one a day. Even if a person slept in late wouldn't they be staying up very late, when I mean very late, I mean after 3 or 4? and that could create the need for more than one shower. Now, if they would let us have access to the towels and ice on the same floor, once a day for room service could work for a lot.

So you want self service. Maybe they can provide access to cleaning supplies as well.

I would welcome once a day. Especially if I can get a discount.

They'll give you 1x a day, but they won't offer a discount for it.

For those that want 1x, have at it. I support you having the option to have services tailored to your desire.

But it's not my preference and won't be railroaded by a steward that tries to push it on me. 2X if they want tips.

The main problem with once a day is we like dry towels after a shower and usually will take more than one a day. ............... Now, if they would let us have access to the towels and ice on the same floor, once a day for room service could work for a lot.

We think much like you. We want the room cleaned in the morning (easy peesy since we're pretty tidy) then dry towels and ice in the evening.

Passengers do not have access to these things and thus they need to be delivered. Not being able to get this 2nd visit with ice and towels is a deal breaker for us.:(

I have not encountered this yet and will not be tipping the same amount for cut services if it does occur.

If they go to only once a day service ... We won't be cutting our tips on CCL .... because we'll be aboard another line. :eek:

Carnival has enacted enough other cutbacks that cutting back room servicing will be the thing that permanently tips the scale for us into never sailing them again.

I don't mind one time a day...but if they are rude or pushy about it I may say 2 but most stewards go out of their way to be kind so I can be kind. Once in a blue moon you get a steward who doesn't seem to care or try. I am good if they'll just leave me ice and double the amount of towels. :D

Twice-a-day service is alive and well on the Pride.

Shortly after we arrived in our cabin last week on the Pride, our steward stopped by to introduce herself and asked us to fill out a form she had on a clipboard. It gave us a choice of service for morning, evening or both. It also gave us the opportunity to request robes, extra pillows, extra blankets and more. We filled out the card, gave it back to her and that was that. No drama.

I think everybody is getting all hyped up over nothing.

They tried to see if it would fly. It didn't. Just ask for twice a day and you will get it.

If, for some stewards who didn't get the memo (or are trying to get out of some work), just call guest services and request (meaning demand) it. It should not be a problem.

Carnivals policy is to please the guest with their choice of services- once a day or twice a day.

I'm not really picky about it but I like twice a day service if for no other reason than I love to nap on a made up bed with clean sheets. [emoji51] If we choose to keep twice a day, will the stewards hate us?

.......when you say clean sheets, do you think they change the sheets every day??

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think everybody is getting all hyped up over nothing.

They tried to see if it would fly. It didn't. Just ask for twice a day and you will get it.

If, for some stewards who didn't get the memo (or are trying to get out of some work), just call guest services and request (meaning demand) it. It should not be a problem.

Carnivals policy is to please the guest with their choice of services- once a day or twice a day.

While I can't argue with your rationale or your post, the only comment I would make is in regards to relying it and it failed. First, the trial is still going on, and second I would not describe it as a failure. There are many who have chosen once a day (either early or late) as their preferred way to have their cabin serviced. I would not describe that as a failure

Sent from my iPad using Forums