Princess transfers - how many days before actual cruise

helpmesailaway

Hello

Does anyone know how many days transfers are available before a cruise departure?

Specifically - we arrive two days early at London Heathrow and want to go directly to Southampton.

I was wondering how transfers are arranged if there are just a few people arriving on the same day?

Thank you

Just arrange your own. Easy to do, and probably less costly. Princess doesn't hang out for those days precruise except for those that bought a hotel package for the night before.

There are companies that do this route. A little research will find those recs. Head to the ports of call board. Also londontoolkit.com has transfer info.

From what I've experienced, you can't get a transfer two days ahead of time. You CAN stay in London, then get yourselves & your luggage to Victoria Coach Station and take the transfer from there on the day of embarkation. Also, you can stay closer to LHR or Windsor, get yourself to back to LHR and take the transfer from there (or LGW).

Otherwise, there are national busses from London to Southampton, the train and private transfers (easiest but most costly). See if you can share a transfer with at least one other couple (try your roll call) and then the private transfers become more reasonable.

Edited by DrivesLikeMario
Added "also"

Hello

Does anyone know how many days transfers are available before a cruise departure?

Specifically - we arrive two days early at London Heathrow and want to go directly to Southampton.

I was wondering how transfers are arranged if there are just a few people arriving on the same day?

Thank you

Airport to port transfers are only available on the day of the cruise.

Hello

Thank you

Try this company.

http://www.woodfordchauffeurcars.co.uk/cruise-connection.php

Thank you

Out of Heathrow to Southampton in 2015, we used Princess transfer and we rode in a van. In May this year, we also took Princess transfer from Heathrow to Southampton and rode in a bus. So there will be a Princess transfer regardless of the number of passengers, as long as they accept your reservation.

Out of Heathrow to Southampton in 2015, we used Princess transfer and we rode in a van. In May this year, we also took Princess transfer from Heathrow to Southampton and rode in a bus. So there will be a Princess transfer regardless of the number of passengers, as long as they accept your reservation.

I'm not long back from a fabulous cruise on Sun Princess :)

I was THE ONLY passenger arriving into Brisbane on the morning of the cruise

.....my Princess transfer was in a beautiful car, with a uniformed chauffeur :D:D

However the OP is arriving 2 days early.

There are loads of private hire, private transfers and taxi's that will take you from London to Southampton, probably better to look at a south coast taxi or private hire company as they will be cheaper than any London cabs. Coaches and pre-purchased train tickets would be the cheaper options.

However the OP is arriving 2 days early.

We also always travel and arrive Heathrow a day or 2 early for flight delay precautions. We go to the airport on day of embarkation and look for Princess rep at designated time. One time, we stayed in a London hotel for 2 days and went to Victoria Coach Station for the Princess transfer.

We are flying to Rio, leaving Jan 1st, arriving 8am on Jan2 for our Jan 4th boarding on the Crown. Yes, we are doing the Princess hotel & transfer because the airport is 35 miles from port. Just being safe, we know we'll be exhausted & wanted to make it easy on ourselves. Good luck & Happy Sailing!

We also always travel and arrive Heathrow a day or 2 early for flight delay precautions. We go to the airport on day of embarkation and look for Princess rep at designated time. One time, we stayed in a London hotel for 2 days and went to Victoria Coach Station for the Princess transfer.

I hear ya but the OP stated they wanted to go to Southampton right away. ;)

Maybe they have plans there.