Books in your luggage

rxmurphy

Question about the Stephanie Plum series by J. Evanovich... Do they need to be read in order? I have just started One for the Money, and love it. But I have the ability to load Hard Eight onto my iPod for our holiday sailing. Would I be jumping the gun listening to Hard Eight before reading the rest?

Some major characters in Eight haven't been introduced in One, so I recommend reading a few more between before you listen to Eight.

Jackie

I could just see myself out there with all of these wires around the water! LOL I love the iPod idea because on my last cruise, I brought books but never did read them. I plan to be at the pool quite a bit this time since DH will be occupied by a friend sailing with us so I get some true sun time! Drinks brought to me, someone reading a truly good story to me.... sun shining... Ah, I can't wait!

Back to the original topic... love anything by John Grisham (well almost anything, just a couple of duds in his works), loving the Stephanie Plum series. Read Skipping Christmas, by John Grisham after we booked the cruise since we are on a holiday sailing and it is a very quick read. Big Harry Potter fan, but the books are so big - so that might be an ebook or audio option.

Oops... okay, than you may not be interested in Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons!! ;)

However, I still think you'd like The Time Traveler's Wife!!! Great book!

I've heard good things about this book. Will check it out. Thanks!

When I cruise I always bring along some "movie star" type magazines (People, In Touch, OK, Star, etc) as well as some "trash novels." I always offer the magazines to the younger of the cruise staffers who've I've had contact with, and they always want them. If the novels have a theme I think that they might like, I offer those as well. All of these seem to be appreciated and are passed from hand to hand during the cruise. I make sure to let them know if they aren't interested that they should just say so.

If I have any other books I'm done with and not bringing home, I lay them down on a table in one of the "alleyways" of the ship. They are always gone within a few minutes. I know I could donate them to the library, but I rather the one on one.

If I have any other books I'm done with and not bringing home, I lay them down on a table in one of the "alleyways" of the ship. They are always gone within a few minutes. I know I could donate them to the library, but I rather the one on one.

What a great idea! I'm ashamed to say that I have discarded used paperbacks, but will no longer do so. Thanks!

Archived