Cruise Critic Website Question - Tech Savy Related

Woobstr112G

Got a question for those out there with a little more tech knowledge than I have. Back in September, we did a Iceland Norway T/A. During the T/A, I did a "Live From" thread on the main Princess Forum boards. Each day, I would take a picture from my balcony, upload it to Flickr, and then include the picture in my good morning post for the day. I was just reviewing my old live from thread and noted all of my daily good morning pictures are no longer visible on the live from thread. I have not deleted any pictures from my Flickr page so why the pictures are no longer available is a mystery to me.....:confused::confused::confused:

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

The "not available" message means that the URL link in the post is not finding a photo at that same link in Flickr. I suspect that it may because of a change you made in the photos. Did you resize, crop or otherwise adjust the photos in your collection? If so, that's the issue. Whenever there is a change, Flickr gives it a new filename and so the old URL doesn't work. Same if you make any kind of organizational change with your photos. The URL in the forum post retrieves the original file name, so if it's been changed on the Flickr end, it will say "not available". This is not a CC issue, as you could not have edited the post after the few minutes available, so that side of the equation didn't change.

Hope that's a first pass at an answer. The "rule" is....don't change a photo once you post a link to it unless you can also change the link itself as well.

The "not available" message means that the URL link in the post is not finding a photo at that same link in Flickr. I suspect that it may because of a change you made in the photos. Did you resize, crop or otherwise adjust the photos in your collection? If so, that's the issue. Whenever there is a change, Flickr gives it a new filename and so the old URL doesn't work. Same if you make any kind of organizational change with your photos. The URL in the forum post retrieves the original file name, so if it's been changed on the Flickr end, it will say "not available". This is not a CC issue, as you could not have edited the post after the few minutes available, so that side of the equation didn't change.

Hope that's a first pass at an answer. The "rule" is....don't change a photo once you post a link to it unless you can also change the link itself as well.

This really confuses me. It seems like most of or all of my pictures on the live from thread are unavailable. I haven't changed a thing.....:confused::confused::confused:

Bob