Low sodium request in MDR question

laurrbarr

Hey all! I have high blood pressure and my body is sensitive to a lot of salt. I am mostly likely going to speak to the head waiter and request the low sodium dishes. Am i able to order more than one entree and take leftovers?

Hey all! I have high blood pressure and my body is sensitive to a lot of salt. I am mostly likely going to speak to the head waiter and request the low sodium dishes. Am i able to order more than one entree and take leftovers?

You will find they are very accommodating to special dietary requests. Ask for dressing on the side and avoid anything that is obviously salty.

Not sure why you would request leftovers, or what you plan to do with them. No way to re-heat and your cabin has a drink cooler, not a true fridge. Food is available 24/7 so no need for leftovers and you don't normally see people leaving MDR with doggy bags. No leftover/takeout containers - staff will happily let you take dessert to go for later, but it's in a dish, usually with another dish as a "cover."

there is no way to accommodate leftovers unless you are talking stuff that can be wrapped in a napkin and stored/eaten at room temp.

you may certainly order whatever you like, of course but ahead of time( you order the next night's dinner at dessert )

Agree that taking food isn't a good idea because the fridge in the room only keeps things BARELY cool. They will however bring you a top for your plate if you request it. We have been needing to go to a show several times and let our waiter know just to leave the top on the dessert and they were always accommodating. Also had people leave dinner feeling a bit woozy and took their dinner to them with no problem.

If you go to the buffet for breakfast and bring back cereal in a box (not sure of salt content as I don't eat cereal) or a few pieces of fruit for those times ya want a snack. Again don't plan on the fridge keeping anything cold.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I know others might argue the point but I always use bottled water to drink instead of the ship's tap water. (I do brush my teeth with the tap water). I am very sensitive to salt and the bottled water seems to help control the ankle swelling, etc.