India Visa/Us citizen question

chaps612

Yes two passports can be held if you can prove you fall into one of two categories

1. Because of visiting one country you have a stamp that precludes you from visiting a second

2. Logistical issues if having time delays to get visas

Issue is at the discretion of the government agents, You have to apply and state your reasons for needing a second passport but I have a work colleague from the USA and he has two passports.

...Does the card passport work in the Caribbean / Canada?
Most of the Caribbean and all of Canada can be accessed by Passport Card as long as you use SURFACE transport. Rules preclude flying to the US without a Passport Book (there are a few exceptions, but they are very limited).

...if you don't have a visa and you are suddenly required to disembark because you need a doctor or dentist on shore, or need to travel home for a family emergency, you have a huge problem...
I would bet money that well over 90% of passengers on ocean cruise stops in St. Petersburg do NOT have an individual Russian Visa. The ship might be able to get you an "individual tour" with a blanket visa to get you to a doctor, but you will not be able to fly home, and staying overnight in a medical facility would be problematic. Do you think Celebrity should require all passengers having a Saint Petersburg stop to have an individual Russian Visa?

I would bet money that well over 90% of passengers on ocean cruise stops in St. Petersburg do NOT have an individual Russian Visa. The ship might be able to get you an "individual tour" with a blanket visa to get you to a doctor, but you will not be able to fly home, and staying overnight in a medical facility would be problematic. Do you think Celebrity should require all passengers having a Saint Petersburg stop to have an individual Russian Visa?

That is a different situation, there is a visa arrangement in place with an emergency waiver scheme if need be. We are talking about India which is very different. There are no blanket visa arrangements in place. Apples and pears sorry.

Re:Russia

...there is a visa arrangement in place with an emergency waiver scheme if need be...
I was unaware of an emergency waiver scheme in Russia for US citizens, and have not been successful on finding any details of how this works. Can you provide a URL or other information on this scheme?

thanks

Thom

Re:RussiaI was unaware of an emergency waiver scheme in Russia for US citizens, and have not been successful on finding any details of how this works. Can you provide a URL or other information on this scheme?

thanks

Thom

I am aware of it through my work but cannot provide you a link because I cannot link you to our secure (government) content. The criteria are quite specific they relate to access to medical facilities and transit to an airport for an international flight

Edited by uktog

Why??

Sorry - what relevance has this to the Indian visa issue??

If passengers are unable or unwilling to obtain the appropriate visas, why is boarding NOT denied??

Annie