Allure vs Harmony vs Oasis for Sea Days?

Grovest

Harmony has many flaws as it is build so cheap.

Cabins are not insulated you can hear lots of noise from neighbours. Solarium and hot-tubs do not have glass roofs but very cheap and already dirty and broken plastic-foil that makes terrible loud noise when the wind hits it - that alone is enough to make the solarium nearly unusable!:mad:

The slides are not made well and there is constantly water splashing to the pool-deck making it wet and the staff constantly has to use noisy cleaning-machines to take away the water.

The smoking-alley next to the entire length of the pool is very awkward and not nice....not sure if Allure and Oasis have that too.

The slide in the back blocks the nice view to the ocean - very sad for such a lame ride:(

We would never book Harmony again......I can not imagine that Allure and Oasis are even worse....

So water splashing down from a water slide is enough to give a bad rating for the harmony ?

Every water slide on a cruise ship and most on land splash water , lol.

Tilt your head down about 90° and come back to reality.

Tell me something positive, im sure there were plenty of positives.

BTW do the cabin doors also open towards the hallway on Allure and Oasis? What a stupid way to open a cabin door!

I am extremely happy that the doors open out into the hallway. It may be the opposite of other room designs, but it is (IMO) a better design. I hate how the doors on other class ships create a smaller doorway, interfere with the closets, and interfere with the bathroom door.

I am pretty sure I have read that safety regulations mandate that cabin doors open into the passageway instead of the cabin on new builds.

That would be a good explanation....

As for the slides - they add even more noise and commotion to the pool-deck and the splashing water and the way it has to be removed - because of the poor design - adds on top of that - That is what I wanted to point out.

Well we found that we do not like the O-class layout and features enough and did not really find anything positive to make up for it - but that is just our opinion.

Edited by germanfflyer

Many people complained they could hear noise from hallways and toilets!

If you say so. We didn't notice it and didn't hear anyone else complaining, but if you heard then so be it.

Also Dazzles has had open doors every night so all the cabins around it on deck 8+9 get blasted with music night after night!

As I said before, maybe it was your cabin location that contributed to the issue. It wouldn't be the first time someone complained about noise due to their cabin location, whether it be because they were above or below a venue with loud music, deck chairs sliding and scraping along the floor overhead or whatever. Always a good idea to consider your cabin location.

Well the cleaning-machines were around the slides when ever they were open from 10 am to about 5 pm! Did you use the 2 pools at the slides?

There is no way you could miss the water-spill + cleaning!

No we didn't, and that's the beauty of O class... lots of pools plus the solarium plus other sun decks.... plenty of places to get away from whatever bothers you.

I am talking about the smoking- alley all along the pools on the portside just behind the row of loungers that get shade.....

I get that. And I was saying, somewhat jokingly, that maybe they are casually trying to discourage smoking by using a poor design for that area.;)

The oceanview on this ship is very limited in the back as they put up that monstrocity of a metal fish for the lame Abyss slide there! And also on the boardwalk the tubes from the slide are so ugly!

So you're going to be disappointed because of ONE area with a reduced view?? Go somewhere else to look at the ocean. There are PLENTY of places.

Just for the record while the slide is long it is very lame as the max speed possible is 9mph for safety reasons - very boring ride!

If you found it boring, so be it. We did it once and enjoyed it. Didn't feel any need to do it again, but it was fun enough. Saw lots of others enjoying it as well.

No pumpkin seed or cheese bread in the MDR no mini- bread-bites - only 3 choices of bread - but you can BYOB ( bring your own bread :D ) as these and other bread-types are available at the WJ !

And we didn't see any shrimp at the Park Cafe salad bar, but we just shrugged and said "oh well, no shrimp here like on Allure/Oasis." Not worth getting upset over IMO but to each his own.

I can come up with a very long list of things that are more bad on Harmony than on other ships when it comes to design or service-choices.

I'm sure you can. But is there really nothing you found to be BETTER than Oasis/Allure? We found several things, so to me it's a wash. Some things better, others the opposite, but we certainly enjoyed our cruise and didn't let the little things ruin it for us.

To each his own. I assume though, that when a line makes changes like many of those noted above, it is either in response to customer comments or an effort to trim costs in one area (fewer bread options, for example) so that something else can be offered elsewhere. Things will always change from ship to ship and there will always be someone who is upset about it.

Having sailed Allure & harmony. I do agree that Harmony is not finished to the same high standard as Allure but it has all those extra bits and bobs.

I would sail on any of them tomorrow.

If I had to pick one it would be Harmony but I do suspect in 10 years Allure will be in better condition

To each his own. I assume though, that when a line makes changes like many of those noted above, it is either in response to customer comments or an effort to trim costs in one area (fewer bread options, for example) so that something else can be offered elsewhere. Things will always change from ship to ship and there will always be someone who is upset about it.

Sorry but nowhere did I say I was upset about anything!

I was just pointing out the observations I made - and I mentioned that Harmony or any other O-class ship is not something we find desirable because we do not like the layout and services at all - for many reasons.

We would not recommend that class of ships to anyone....or book it again.

I realize many people like O-class - that is fine!

Question was about Harmony being better for sea-days and my answer would be NO! Get another ship for that....

What doe your dislike of the French have to do with our president elect?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

You seem to have the same view of the world - as he has! :D

Getting personal - when you are too ignorant ( or stupid ) to respect a different opinion!

Playing the race or nation card to shut someone up - is really low...

I dislike the French.....?

You are crazy!

Guess you did not take your pill today!:rolleyes:

Edited by germanfflyer

Sorry but nowhere did I say I was upset about anything!

I was just pointing out the observations I made

Ok, but you just seem very adamant that it's a horrible ship and that you were very disappointed, i.e. upset. If you don't like the O class at all, seems like a post asking which of the 3 in the class is best for a sea day would be a post you'd ignore.

Edited by waterbug123

You seem to have the same view of the world - as he has! :D

Getting personal - when you are too ignorant ( or stupid ) to respect a different opinion!

Playing the race or nation card to shut someone up - is really low...

I dislike the French.....?

You are crazy!

Guess you did not take your pill today!:rolleyes:

Sorry if I offended you. The original post was an attempt at humor. I assumed you were lamenting the quality of the build since it was constructed in a French shipyard. Once again, sorry for the assumption.

I do find it interesting that when his opponents try to demonize Trump, they often compare him to a former German leader. ;)

I have sailed on all 3; and would say that Allure is the best. They ruined the concept on Harmony with those ugly slides and forgetting to put a pool in the solarium IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I suspect they did not happen to forget but actually planned what they did. It isn't like leaving home and forgetting to pack your tooth brush.

I suspect they did not happen to forget but actually planned what they did. It isn't like leaving home and forgetting to pack your tooth brush.
Indeed.

There are just as many plusses in the different configurations and "shortcomings" that some have pointed out. We're actually glad there is no Solarium pool on Harmony - found it to be periodically a noisy area with often-intoxicated "adults". Watched people relaxing get up in groups to leave plenty of times based on the noise (Allure and Oasis).

Having done all the activities and offerings on Allure and Oasis...and despite having very little interest in water or other slides...there's no doubt I'll give both Abyss and the water slides at least a try.

The belief here is if you haven't tried something firsthand..you have no right to complain about it. Once in a while, one gets pleasantly surprised.