Problem booking on HAL site

headhunterke

Is anyone else experiencing any problems with booking a cruise through the HAL website?

I've been trying at different times now during the last 2 days to book a cruise for Jan, 13.

Everything goes ok until I get to the option regarding my dining preference.

No matter what I select (Open dining or assigned), the next step keeps loading and eventually, the site loops me back to the dining selection.

I've been trying different browsers and machines (desktop, laptop AND mobile :eek: ), but I can not seem to complete the booking.

Calling HAL isn't an option since I don't live in the US.

Also, the website gives no warning that there is work in progress on the website.

That would be an option. Bit I prefer to do it myself.

I work in the travel industry and see a lot of fatal mistakes by travel agents. I know there are a lot of good onea out there as well, but I like to have control over my travels.

But if the problem persists, I will have to resort to it.

Just wonder why anyone would even try to book a cruise on the HAL site. Shop around among a few reputable cruise agencies where you will save money and can either book with a few clicks or a quick toll free phone call.

Hank

At least in the US the HAL site has been under development for the past few weeks. It's still "not quite ready for prime time." I have had a number of issues with my profile and purchases and have called them a number of times in the past few weeks about it.

I have been on the HAL site. It amazes me that people have the patience to see it through or to keep trying.

While I admire your patience it may be time to move on and book your cruise on a reliable third party site or call a TA.....before that price, that cabin disappears or indeed before the ship sails!

I had the same problem two days ago when I wanted to book a cruise on the zaandam for March 2018. I tried it for hours and was stucked at the same booking step as you. It worked when I changed my language set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ey keikobad, thanks a lot, you're a lifesaver!! :eek::D

For some reason, changing my language did the trick. I'll report this to HAL as it must be a coding error of the website.

Thanks again and happy cruisin'! :cool: