Elite cocktail hour?

39august

Technically no, but sometimes yes. I asked this very question to the hostess (Captains Club Concierge) who was checking SeaPass cards at the entrance to the Sky Lounge on our last voyage in September. She said that company policy is that only Elites and higher are allowed in but her personal policy was that if it is a traveling partner or family member, she would let them enter. She said if it is friends in the stateroom next door, she would not let them enter. She said that it depends on who is checking cards. I asked what if it is family members with the same last name in the stateroom next door and she said she would let them in, but maybe not some other hostess.

Always ask first and never assume anything.

I am fairly certain that this particular Captain Club Conceirge was incorrect about the guest in the same cabin and I have seen it in writing on the Celebrity website. Perhaps in the Q &A section? I am not sure why they would lie about it, so perhaps they were just mistaken.

Although they were correct about family members staying in a different cabin not being allowed per policy.

I am not sure why they would lie about it, so perhaps they were just mistaken.

Or more likely, I misunderstood or we were talking about different scenarios. Perhaps she thought I meant a traveling companion traveling in a different stateroom.

Sailing on Eclipse in January. Do Elite members get coupons valid in all lounges as in RCL ships or must they go to a specific lounge?

It depends on how many Elites are on board. Usually the Elite Cocktail hour is held forward in the Sky Lounge and that's it. If too many Elites aboard on that sailing to all fit in the Sky Lounge, then they would give out coupons to be used in most lounges.

On our last cruise on RCL in May. We would go to the Diamond Lounge and have drinks. The go to a bar near our dinner venue and get a drink off our seapass card to take to dinner.

The last time we were on Celebrity with a lot of Elites, and that has been awhile. It was before they added two more levels to the Captains Club program. You got 3 coupons for each evening that they would have a Elite Event. Only to be used between 5 and 7pm. You could use the coupons at some but not all the bars and not in the MDR. If you went to the Sky Lounge they would take your coupon for each drink you ordered. There were no drinks put on your seapass card.

I did here on CC that they have tried putting drinks on seapass cards on a Celebrity cruise to see how it would go. Time will tell.

As to Celebrity roping off an area of the Sky Lounge for Elite Events. I have seen this a number of times. Some people did not like that the whole lounge was closed. With the addition of the drink packages and Suite guest having Michael's Club now there are less people at the Elite Events. I remember Suite guest having access to the Elite Events in the past.