Sausages!!

babs135

Breakfast is either turkey sausages or two other kinds, thin ones and thick white ones, that I assume are both pork. There are hot dogs all day long (I assume also pork). For themed meals (German Oktoberfest or American bbq night) they bring out other kinds, maybe veal? I've never seen vegetarian sausages, but they maybe available on request.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

Can I get Beef sausages, or failing that vegetarian ones? The menus seem to say they are all pork which I don't eat. Holiday breakfast is not the same without sausages :eek:

We were on the breakaway last spring and I am not allowed to eat pork and on a no-salt diet (medical dietary restrictions ) I called the access desk and they made arrangement that I get the proper food

From the NCL WEBSITE

Important Information for Guests with Special Needs

The fun and excitement of Freestyle cruising should be able to be enjoyed by everyone. That's why we are committed to providing all of our guests the freedom of choice to cruise your way.

In order to accomplish that goal, Norwegian Cruise Line has a seasoned group of cruise professionals who are specifically trained to meet your needs through our dedicated toll free number for accessible travel 1-866-234-7350). Norwegian Cruise Line's team of Access Coordinators at the Access Desk have experience in furthering Norwegian Cruise Line's mission to provide a safe and accessible cruise experience for all guests with special requirements to the extent that is feasible. The Access Desk Coordinators will discuss with you your needs and expectations for your cruising experience. You or your travel agent will be contacted so that we can try to meet your needs prior to your cruise as soon as we receive your Special Accommodation Requirements Information form available from our Access Desk. Norwegian Cruise Line has Access Officers who will be the primary go to person for all of your needs.

In order to make your cruise experience as enjoyable as possible and so that we can try to meet your specific needs, call 1-866-234-7350 (voice), fax (305) 468-2171, send an email to accessdesk@ncl.com or have your travel agent contact us.

Special Medical Dietary Requirements and Diabetes

Guests with food allergies should contact the Access Desk to discuss Norwegian Cruise Line's policies and procedures concerning special diets and your specific allergies prior to your cruise. Because the vessels are supplied all over the world, it may be easier to meet your specific food allergy requirements in some countries, but very difficult in others. We can arrange to have no sugar and low sodium meals for guests with those specific medical dietary restrictions upon request. Refrigerators are available in many staterooms for storing insulin

Edited by Orleanscruiser

Get a scotch banger at the buffet.

And.....what is a vegetarian sausage?

There is, of course, no such thing --- if you believe in words having consistent meaning.

Of course, given the careless usage on sites like this, we may soon see cylindrical duffle bags referred to as clothes sausages.

There is, of course, no such thing --- if you believe in words having consistent meaning.

Of course, given the careless usage on sites like this, we may soon see cylindrical duffle bags referred to as clothes sausages.

''

Boca I believe makes a meatless Vegi/tofu Sausage, supposed to be pretty good. So there is such a thing, it just is not what we meat eaters are used to.

''

Boca I believe makes a meatless Vegi/tofu Sausage, supposed to be pretty good. So there is such a thing, it just is not what we meat eaters are used to.

Of course Boca makes something they call sausage made out of vegetables - but generally the word "sausage" means something made out of chopped or minced meat. Sure - it is possible to have fruit sausage, just as it is possible to have molten ice - as long as words' meanings are flexible.

Of course Boca makes something they call sausage made out of vegetables - but generally the word "sausage" means something made out of chopped or minced meat. Sure - it is possible to have fruit sausage, just as it is possible to have molten ice - as long as words' meanings are flexible.

A lot of 'vegetarian' foods are simply lies.

Tofu bacon is one that comes to mind.