Geraldton

Gwendy

I have also posted this thread on destination forum. Has anyone been to Geraldton on a cruise? If so how easy was it to get around without a shore tour, I am interested in the Sydney memorial and the lobster factory and just a wander around. Thanks in advance for any info.

We were there in August last year. The locals ran a HoHo bus, $5pp, that went up to the memorial and around the town. I don't recall the lobster factory being on the route though - the bus looped back near the visitor centre. Geraldton is quite small and the main part of the town is flat, but the memorial is up on top of a hill - some people walked up to it though. You could probably walk to the lobster factory.

I have also posted this thread on destination forum. Has anyone been to Geraldton on a cruise? If so how easy was it to get around without a shore tour, I am interested in the Sydney memorial and the lobster factory and just a wander around. Thanks in advance for any info.

We were there last year.

Plenty of busses running, free or a couple of dollars, can't recall so it must NY have been much.

The memorial is really touching, wandered around, visited the old prison and hospital museum.

Lovely spot.

There's usually a free shuttle to the Sydney Memorial from the Main Street, but sometimes there can be a considerable wait depending on the size of the cruise s ship. However it's well worth the effort as the memorial is a very special and moving experience.