How is it possible that suites are gone almost a year in advance?

It's been posted by quite a number of posters on Cruise Critic that there are 'Cabin Hogs' & 'Suite Hogs', much like the Chair Hogs we see around the pools. Some have booked cabins that they know they are not going to use. But book them to remove them from available cabins in the event their schedule changes. Yes, it's selfish, but that's why they're called hogs.

There is a very good chance that you'll end up getting a GS as final payment dates become due.

We tried booking a suite on Freedom for 10/22/17 transatlantic they were sold out when we were at the next cruise desk in Royal 4 weeks ago [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

"Special" sailings like TAs and President's cruises will sell out faster than "normal' sailings.

It's been posted by quite a number of posters on Cruise Critic that there are 'Cabin Hogs' & 'Suite Hogs', much like the Chair Hogs we see around the pools. Some have booked cabins that they know they are not going to use. But book them to remove them from available cabins in the event their schedule changes. Yes, it's selfish, but that's why they're called hogs.

There is a very good chance that you'll end up getting a GS as final payment dates become due.

Oh I agree. I like that, Cabin HOGS and Suite HOGS. These are many of the same people that complain about chair HOGS, MDR Dress, DL/CL Dress, and looks up ones short to discuss the scenery with like minded cruisers.

Edited by troykahack

Bob,

Thank you but that still leaves me a little confused.

Let me ask it another way; Does Royal Caribbean release all future cruises for booking at the same length of time? ( 12 months in advance, 18 months or perhaps 24 months )

Is there a firm policy on the future time frame cruise bookings or does each cruise location differ?

Just trying to understand how far in advance I can book a GS aboard any RCI ship.

Thanks!

Bob,

Thank you but that still leaves me a little confused.

Let me ask it another way; Does Royal Caribbean release all future cruises for booking at the same length of time? ( 12 months in advance, 18 months or perhaps 24 months )

Is there a firm policy on the future time frame cruise bookings or does each cruise location differ?

Just trying to understand how far in advance I can book a GS aboard any RCI ship.

Thanks!

RC does not release ALL future cruises at the same time. They usually release new cruises over a period of weeks in the March/April timeframe. Keep watching this site as there are usually posts that announce when certain sailings are released.

Attached is an old release schedule to give you an idea. Note that the dates and regions typically change also.

16048646_2017_2018_Deployment_Opening_Schedule.pdf

I booked my last cruise (12 night repo from Boston to FLL) 17 months in advance and got the last Grand Suite. One or two opened up a few times, but not a lot.

So for popular cruises, cabins can sell out quickly.

Alaska cruises are also like this. They sell out quickly.

Trying to book a cruise (on the Freedom) for next October (2017) and the RCI website shows only Jr. Suites and Owner's Suites as available. Do they hold some back for later release, or is it really feasible that there are no GS left at this point?

I suppose it's likely some will come back closer to payment date...is there a point in calling and seeing if they have any, or is the website a pretty true indicator?

Thanks

My thoughts would be that it gives people more time to pay for that suite! LOL Just my thinking. We like to book our cruises out so that we have quite a bit of time to "pay" for them!

RC does not release ALL future cruises at the same time. They usually release new cruises over a period of weeks in the March/April timeframe. Keep watching this site as there are usually posts that announce when certain sailings are released.

Attached is an old release schedule to give you an idea. Note that the dates and regions typically change also.

Can we assume similar times will apply for 2018-2019 rollouts?

My thoughts would be that it gives people more time to pay for that suite! LOL Just my thinking. We like to book our cruises out so that we have quite a bit of time to "pay" for them!

Maybe some.... but I do believe and know that some also book lots of them and then move the deposits to other cruises.

Lets say you live very near a Port... and you like to get away on some weekends..... if you can book at $50 deposit, what is to stop one from booking the entire summer of weekends on a 3 day cruise? Then as it gets close to final payment, move the deposits around to select your weekends.

I just wish there was a way to control this... The cabins will open up after final payment but one might already be out of their window to take one.

Edited by troykahack

Oh I agree. I like that, Cabin HOGS and Suite HOGS. These are many of the same people that complain about chair HOGS, MDR Dress, DL/CL Dress, and looks up ones short to discuss the scenery with like minded cruisers.

And this fact comes from where?

Edited by looking4info

So I had called and they said they would put me on a waitlist for a GS. I decided to look at my reservation online two days later....I saw a red note on the reservation that wasn't there before...it said something about "Only reservations made online can be modified online". It wasn't there before, AND I had made the reservation online. So I decided to call.

Sure enough, I was told a GS had come available and it was being held for me for 24 hours. I asked how I was supposed to know this, she said I should have received and email. I hadn't.

But bottom line is because I was being a bit OCD about it, it worked out for me and I was able to secure the GS. :)

So I had called and they said they would put me on a waitlist for a GS. I decided to look at my reservation online two days later....I saw a red note on the reservation that wasn't there before...it said something about "Only reservations made online can be modified online". It wasn't there before, AND I had made the reservation online. So I decided to call.

Sure enough, I was told a GS had come available and it was being held for me for 24 hours. I asked how I was supposed to know this, she said I should have received and email. I hadn't.

But bottom line is because I was being a bit OCD about it, it worked out for me and I was able to secure the GS. :)

Congrats, love all the room and perks