Medical care

Hi, does anyone know how medical care is charged? We were on the Oasis last week and my MIL fell ice skating and broke her arm. The medical center x-rayed it and wrapped it in a splint until she could get a cast.

She wasn't charged on her sea pass card or credit card. Do they bill you through the mail? Any idea what they charge? She is very concerned about the cost.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Forums mobile app

Hi, does anyone know how medical care is charged? We were on the Oasis last week and my MIL fell ice skating and broke her arm. The medical center x-rayed it and wrapped it in a splint until she could get a cast.

She wasn't charged on her sea pass card or credit card. Do they bill you through the mail? Any idea what they charge? She is very concerned about the cost.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Forums mobile app

If they didn't bill her on the ship, they aren't charging her. Most likely, because it was an accident that happened on the ship, they chose not to bill for medical care.

So it seems if you get injured at fault of the ship in same way you don't get charged.

Does that suggest the waivers for ice skating etc don't actually stand up in a court?

Can't answer the legal question, but I do know from friends that if you are injured on a ship excursion, you are also not charged.

my son broke his arm roller blading on the AOS in April 2015. Ship's doctor examined, xrayed and splinted, and sent us to ortho in St. Lucia. No bill from ship - large bill from ortho, which was reimbursed six months later by health insurance.

I slipped and fell in our stateroom the first night of the cruise. The next day our stateroom attendant finally talked me into going to medical. They took xrays and recommended that I get off the ship in Jamaica and seek additional medical attention. No thank you. I had pulled/torn my ham string and couldn't walk. The ship loaned me a wheelchair for as long as I needed it. I was never charged for the visit to medical on board.

So it seems if you get injured at fault of the ship in same way you don't get charged.

Does that suggest the waivers for ice skating etc don't actually stand up in a court?

I am assuming since it is cheaper for them they just take care of the medical bill instead of trying to fight it in court and have bad press.