Westerdam VA cabins

chloes nana

I am just curious if the Westerdam is as poorly laid out as it appears on the deck plans. All deck 8 VA cabins are below the lido and the pool and shops?? And all the deck 6 VA cabins are above the lifeboats??? Is this correct, or do the lifeboats not affect the view on deck 6?

??? I thought my question was pretty clear? would you like a VA cabin below the pool or overlooking the lifeboats? I am wondering if they are really that bad considering they are the top end of the veranda cabins. I consider it bad if you have orange glow when you look out over your balcony and can't see the waves and I sure don't understand why you would question the pool above you, for the noise factor.

I am just trying to get some info regarding the verandas on decks 6 and 8.

Those cabins are va for the location midship. We've been on deck 5 in a va and yes they over look the lifeboats, but for us, we love the location, so the view doesn't bother us. You can still see the ocean if you look straight out, but not if you look down. Not sure about up on 6. We've never stayed on 8.

??? I thought my question was pretty clear? would you like a VA cabin below the pool or overlooking the lifeboats? I am wondering if they are really that bad considering they are the top end of the veranda cabins. I consider it bad if you have orange glow when you look out over your balcony and can't see the waves and I sure don't understand why you would question the pool above you, for the noise factor.

I am just trying to get some info regarding the verandas on decks 6 and 8.

No, I wouldn't like one of those cabins but that is not evidence that Westerdam is "poorly laid out".

There are only 10 VA cabins on deck 8 and none are below the Lido pool area where there are deck chairs to cause noise.

There are no shops on deck 9, except for occasional temporary setups around the pool for a sale ... and that would not be above any of the VA.

Edited by jtl513

We prefer the aft cabins too. In fact, given a choice, we would not book anything else. But be advised, there is more ship's motion. I just take a couple of dramamine. Works for me.

I personally, love the motion of the ship. it rocks me to sleep every night. I miss it when I get back to my landlocked state. ;)

I personally, love the motion of the ship. it rocks me to sleep every night. I miss it when I get back to my landlocked state. ;)

We stumbled into a aft balcony on our first cruise. Didn't know a thing about them but had heard some comments on Cruise Critic. Since then, all our cruises have been afts. We did on of those two tiered cabins on Oasis but weren't really happy with it. Stunning cabin. Best shower. But we won't do that again.

I am just curious if the Westerdam is as poorly laid out as it appears on the deck plans. All deck 8 VA cabins are below the lido and the pool and shops?? And all the deck 6 VA cabins are above the lifeboats??? Is this correct, or do the lifeboats not affect the view on deck 6?

We were in 8093 in Feb this year. Loved it. Near elevators, short trip to lido for morning coffee while DH still sleeping. No noise from lido/pool above. But, if you get much more forward than that may hear pool lounges being set up in morning. Not sure. We heard nothing.

Jane